Belizean 'Voyage

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Late last year I was looking for a SUV to replace my Colorado with. I needed something that had more space and functionality. After much research and elimination I narrowed it down to an Envoy or 4runner ranging from ’02-’06 more or less. It was concluded that for the same features I would be paying much more to import a 4runner to Belize and could not justify it. I then began looking on Copart for an Envoy. Really wanted a Denali, but gas is roughly $5.20USD and rising, plus most of my driving is in city and I would not benefit from cylinder deactivation. Long story short I found a ’05 Envoy SLE with what I thought minor damage, but turns out the engine was left running with a damaged fan and radiator leading it to overheat which led to bigger problems. After much research on forums, confusion, and 5 months I sourced an engine from LKQ with 98k miles as opposed to taking the chance of rebuilding. I had to sell my project ’86 Dodge Ram 50 with 90k original miles to fund the finishing up the Envoy as I was over budget. I pretty much replaced every replaceable bolt on external part on the engine before it went in to avoid any future problems. Suspension on the vehicle was in great shape and only needed rear shocks. Let the modding begin!

My Colorado ZQ8...too much mods for me to list

The project that funded the completion

Copart pics which I would have never seen an engine in its future

The old engine block and the new engine

Drove it like this for a while

And then the mods began...in no specific order. They'll be chronological in future posts.

The mod list so far...I'l throw up some interior pics tomorrow while its clean.

Exterior
· Two tone “GMC” emblem (black & chrome)
· Grille painted Liquid Silver Metallic
· DIY short antenna
· Removed roof rack cross bars
· Shaved emblems
· Removed tailgate glass handle
· Kelvin 6k HID headlights
· Kelvin LED foglights
· Kelvin LED cornering lights, reverse lights & plate lights
· Color matched mirror caps
· Tinted tail lights
· Mustang Mach 1 bumper valance mod to fit
· OEM mirror turn signals mod
· Chevy Silverado Polished aluminium gas door
· Resonator delete w/ side exit polished aluminium tip
· GM Dexos Oil Cap
· 20% Tint
• Charcoal gauge cluster trim bezel
• DRL disable & quad beam
• Rear lowered

Interior
· LED dome lights
· Faux carbon fiber dead pedal
· Aluminum pedals
· Cabin air filter mod
• DIC cluster
• '06+ shifter

Electronics/Audio
· Pioneer SPH-DA210 AppRadio 3 w/ Nexus 5 (AppRadio Unchained Reloaded)
· Reverse camera in tow hitch
· Sirius satellite radio
· Optima Yellow Top battery
• Pioneer Coaxial
• JL Audio 500/1 amp
• JL Audio 10w3 sub in ported enclosure

Near Future Mods
· '06+ rear wiper
· Chevy Avalanche LED 3rd brake light - up next
· HPTuners - before end of summer

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks good. Nice and clean.

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
The lower valance/lip on my truck was missing and I did not want to pay $100usd + importation expenses to buy the one. I had an old valance/lip from a sn95 Mach 1 mustang. I just made a couple cuts and made it fit.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Your voy is coming along nicely.:2thumbsup:

I going to add to your to do list if you don't mind just cause I didn't see it on there. The rear wiper needs an upgrade too. :whisptersecret:

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Your voy is coming along nicely.:2thumbsup:

I going to add to your to do list if you don't mind just cause I didn't see it on there. The rear wiper needs an upgrade too. :whisptersecret:

Thanks and yes that is on the list.. Idk how o forgot to add that. I have a question regarding that though. Does the newer design use a different type of wiper blade or the same of the old one would work?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
These trucks were made to be rackless. Good job :2thumbsup:

Reactions: dna59

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
It's been a while since I updated. I had to change transmission due to a incompetent mechanic so the truck was down for a month or so. Listed are a couple mods done over the last months and some pics.

Denali bumper w/ modified mounts
Denali style grille overlay
OEM hitch cover
Pioneer front components
Alpine 4 channel mini amp
Chrome door handle covers color matched
Chrome fuel door sanded to aluminum and polished

I have polished TBSS replicas coming, I'll be making a bumper grille to match the main grille, swap rear wiper to the newer style and shaving the rear bumper step pad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

rizzo20

I had no idea how your Envoy project started, wow you have come a long way! You've put in a lot of hard work and it shows. There are more than a few mods you've done that have inspired me. Thanks man!

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
@rizzo20 Thanks...it surely hasn't been an easy project, but I'm glad I didn't sell it.

Few quick pics of latest mods...removed Airbag warning stickers form the visiors, swap 9005 high beam bulbs for 9011 HIRs, shaved the rear bumper step pad and of course the 20" TBSS polished replicas. Up next will be a custom bumper grille to match the main grille. Not sure if i will do it Yukon/Sierra Denali styled or have to span the entire opening of the bumper. After that will be the swap to the newer rear wiper.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
These last pics aren't showing up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.