Be Careful Who You Anger...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is a Worthy Diagnostic Tool and Investigative Approach to an Uncommon "No Start" Problem that we should all keep in the back of our minds. The Human Condition can sometimes Rear It's Ugly Head...and make problems like THIS one Happen. Photographing EVERYTHING once this problem gets discovered will come in very handy later if any Legal Actions ...either Civil or Criminal ...need to follow on:

Reactions: m.mcmillen

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Both of my son's full size trucks have had water in the tank for unknown reasons but just ran poorly. I doubt it's anything nefarious. My older son in North Bay gets his gas at a dubious quality gas station that sold at a discount price due to being on indigenous land (they have since cleaned up their operations). My younger son's had water for some unknown reason except possibly condensation caused by wild temperature swings during damp weather. We used the fuel pump and fuel line at the fuel rail to pump it out until it ran clear and added a bottle of Dry Gas.

But that crap in that video is something else.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I'm thinking that Eric "O" might be suggesting that the Fluid he was extracting from the Fuel Tank... was Urine... Hence the 'Tongue in Cheek" YouTube Title ...and the Comment he added about the Owner getting somebody "Pissed Off" enough to want to "P" down into the Tank. Nonetheless, if faced with this otherwise intractable problem... if all else fails... trying out this 'Fuel Sample In A Bottle' idea could save someone hours of Wasted Effort, reaching for the Parts Shotgun ...and a Whole Lot of Headaches wondering, 'What the Hell Will I Do... Next?'.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And as luck would have it, my wife's car ran like crap and wouldn't restart this morning just a block from home. Did get it started but wouldn't idle. Got it home, put a couple of bottles of gas line antifreeze (methyl alcohol), gave it a shake and initially ran like crap but after a few minutes it cleared up. Drove it a bit, all good.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.