bcm?

reburg

Original poster
May 16, 2016
pa
i bought an 03 suburban that i was told didn't run as a result of a bad bcm. i finally towed it home and put a battery in it but am not really sure how to diagnose whether it's actually the bcm (they're a little expensive to just throw at the suburban without verification first). i put the key in and turn it to accessory and there is a constant loud buzzing noise under the hood...i'm not sure what exactly the noise is and it's got me a little confused right off because my 03 sierra doesn't do anything of the sort
when i turn the key...i get nothing happening at all. i'm pretty new to gm trucks as i just bought my first (the sierra) in march and now this suburban

another pic of my sierra just because lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For proper diagnosis, you would need something like a Tech 2 scanner to check what is really going on with the BCM. Another option would be to get a bluetooth OBD interface and the Car Gauge Pro app to check for all codes, including body codes.

In the meanwhile, how's the battery? Should get it tested to eliminate that. I know on GMT360's, the ignition switch can be a source of electrical gremlins so that could be another place to look.

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.