Battery hold-down corroding

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
This is my battery hold-down and the result of the battery gases I assume.

View attachment 19089

There is place that does powder coating not far from me and since the Envoy will be down for a week while getting the PCM tuned, I'll drop this off. It will probably run about $25 and they do great work.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Dropped off the battery hold down.

He had a set of rims there in a beautiful Chevy bow tie gold. Turns out they are brand new the the person wants them done in black. We took one out to the Silverado and it would look very interesting to do my rims in Chevy gold. Going to places like that can give you dangerously expensive ideas.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Mark20 said:
....the result of the battery gases I assume.

I think it's the result of a crappy paint job. I got the EXT braces (which are far away from the battery) from a later model and they were in the same crappy condition.

Mark20 said:
....since the Envoy will be down for a week while getting the PCM tuned, I'll drop this off.

Awesome! When my TB was down during the pcm tune, I took advantage of the time by doing things that I wouldn't do if I needed the truck. That's when I finished the interior led conversion since the cluster and hvac controller each required a bit more time then, say, the rear window switches.

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I dropped off the over the top of battery hold down to have it powder coated. But I won't be able to pick it up before Thursday. My PCM was delivered today.

Don't remember. Is there is a battery hold down knuckle so I can take the Envoy for a spin without 40 lbs of battery flying around under the hood.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Mark20 said:
I dropped off the over the top of battery hold down to have it powder coated. But I won't be able to pick it up before Thursday. My PCM was delivered today.

Don't remember. Is there is a battery hold down knuckle so I can take the Envoy for a spin without 40 lbs of battery flying around under the hood.

not to be a dick but couldn't you of updated your original post about this instead of making a new thread?
:undecided:

http://gmtnation.com/f23/battery-hold-down-corroding-2070/

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Running Tapatalk while at work and searching or seeing what my old posts are is difficult.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Couple bungee cords will get you by.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would swear mine has a shoe in the bracket that holds it in.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mark20 said:
Running Tapatalk while at work and searching or seeing what my old posts are is difficult.
So wait until you get to a real computer? :confused:

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member