bass remote

Ericw259

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I was thinking about a spot to place a bass remote and was wondering if anyone has tried to mount it behind the trailblazer plug that is in the spot where the 4 wheel drive switch is.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Here's where I put mine.

IMG_2966.jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Ericw259 said:
if anyone has tried to mount it behind the trailblazer plug that is in the spot where the 4 wheel drive switch is.

I don't think I've seen one mounted there. I've seen some other stuff (switches, voltmeter, etc) but not a bass knob.

FWIW I put mine in the console.

8142f6c4.jpg

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
If i had a bass remote installed which i need to do.. I would try to mount it in between the seat and middle console, on the driver side of console, near the shifter area. so it would be easily turned up or down while driving.. :undecided:

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Ericw259 said:
I was thinking about a spot to place a bass remote and was wondering if anyone has tried to mount it behind the trailblazer plug that is in the spot where the 4 wheel drive switch is.

I wouldnt see why that would be a problem. I have also seen switches and other things there so there is obviously enough room for something. Will you be buying a bass knob or building it yourself? I built my own. It was a little larger than the other ones but I spent about $5 in parts.

Also, will you be grinding down the picture on that plate? A knob right in the middle of it would look a little off IMO.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I have a write up of a DIY Bass Knob. PM me and I will send it to you while I try to figure out how to post it on here.

Ericw259

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I was also thinking about placing it on the right of the light switch because the black panel is blank there

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Ericw259 said:
I was also thinking about placing it on the right of the light switch because the black panel is blank there

I have thought about putting one there. You just have to make sure you get a small enough potentiometer. The ones I have built for my TB are a little too big for that spot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher