Bargain Pick-Up: 4 Volume GM OEM Shop Manuals for 2000 Chevrolet Silverado

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Over time, I have come to really appreciate @Mooseman ‘s “Well Stocked-to-Chock O-Block” Library Reserves of Digital GM Service Manuals mentioned for all to appreciate in his Signature “Cygil” Line. But my recent use of Hard Copy Printouts during a delve into an Epic Nissan Quest 3.5L Triple Timing Chain Repair has turned my head towards wanting something MORE like that for the pending Complete A/C Repair and HVAC Total Blend Door Replacement Jobs I’m about to work on with my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Truck.

To that end… I recently scoured eBay in search of a Full Set of of OEM GM Service and Shop Manuals for the said vehicle and found a dearth of offerings that amounted to slim pickings at ridiculously over the top prices…. Except for One Vendor. This man wanted to sell what looked like and later proved out to be exactly what I wanted in completeness and quality...but for a bit more money that I wanted to pay for his offer at $219.00 for the Four Volume OEM Manual Set.

I thought… “What the Hell… I’ll offer him $175.00 for the Whole Shebang ...and see what Pops...” Within the same day ...he accepted...and last night, they arrived promptly and ...in perfect, pristine condition. Considering that the next nearest eBay "Low Offer" was around $500.00 to over $1,000.00 … I thought this was a fair deal at a fair price. So every once in a while… spend some time on eBay if you prefer obtaining what looked to me like Absolute Treasure once unpacked; something akin to getting All Four Volumes of “Don Quixote De La Mancha" by Cervantes published by Ybarra back in 1780 ...for Pennies on The Dollar … and yet these are so MUCH more valuable and necessary to me in our Automotive Repair World:

2000SILVERADOEMANUALS0.jpg2000SILVERADOEMANUALS2.jpg2000SILVERADOEMANUALS1.jpg2000SILVERADOEMANUALS.jpg

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I like the printed versions, myself -- and depending on the digital version, it's easier to find things (scanned copies in particular aren't really 'Ctrl-F' searchable)

I'd say you got a pretty good deal, if $175 included shipping (although it should still be fairly cheap for the seller to use USPS 'Bound Printed' rates)

When the next-gen Silvy came out, I think the set jumped to about 8 (!) volumes. That's the set I'd like to get (well, 'some' of them, anyway...others, I'd never use). Unfortunately, people don't seem to split them up (at least, in the ones that *I* want), and they ask for a lot more $$$ ($500-up, like you mentioned). My 'holy grail' for these is a '06-'07 ('classic') set.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest