Banging on passenger side front end?

unioncreek

Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
SE/WA
I have a 2006 Trialblazer LT 4x4. Every once in a while on rough roads I will get a banging noise, it will bang two or three times. It sounds like something is loose. I thought it may be a bad strut, but the strut is not leaking any oil or is it loose. I looked all over the front end and could not see anything loose. I've only had the Trailblazer for about six months.

Bob

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
tiphat.gif
tiphat.gif
Welcome
tiphat.gif

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com...eres-the-story/

The sway bar end links are a known problem.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I had a similar issue a couple of yrs back. I was able to pin point it to the sway bar end link. It didn't end there as later I came to find that I might of not noticed it soon enough because after I replaced the end link the bang was still there. After digging further I also had to replace the sway bar bushing and the bracket that had cracked on the seam after the bolt.20151030_125032.jpg

unioncreek

Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
SE/WA
I had a similar issue a couple of yrs back. I was able to pin point it to the sway bar end link. It didn't end there as later I came to find that I might of not noticed it soon enough because after I replaced the end link the bang was still there. After digging further I also had to replace the sway bar bushing and the bracket that had cracked on the seam after the bolt.View attachment 81771

Thanks for the info. I'll have crawl under and look closely at the sway bar.

Bob

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

Here is a YouTube video from one of our very own on the site May03lt. You might want to subscribe to him as he has many a video on repairs to the gm 360's 370's and others.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher