Backup camera/monitor postions

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
Backup camera/monitor postions

I would like to install my CMOS (supposedly waterproof camera) and the 3 ½” auduiovox monitor aimed at my trailer hitch.

First off I was planning to attach the +12V DC camera power directly to the +12V DC post under rear seat then ground to seat frame, My power wire has a fuse.

?1. is there like a Auxiliary fuse already in the fuse block for adding stuff?

When I had the camera in the 1500 express van I basicalley tie wrapped it to the pivot point of rear window so I actually had to open the window for a view of hitch.

The monitor base was crambed into the CD players slot then removed

After hitching up I usalley hide the monitor in vans glove box. I wouldn’t mine double sided taping the monitor for permanent install.

I would prefer to keep the camera inside the 97x not sure if I install up near center tail light that I will be able to aim to hitch w/ window closed?

not planning to wire to the reverse wire I simply turn camera on when I feel like it to be on even traveling forward my monitor has a on/off switch.

Any suggestions w/ images (would be nice) thanks

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If getting your power at the fuse block, you;d have to use a fuse tap. I used the reverse power supplied by the radio interface adapter.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
please post image of how you connected you'rs.

I have the montior shoved into the AC vent proballey end up mounting the camera up under where the license plate lights are.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, well, I don't really feel like taking my dash apart. :smile: If you are using an adapter, it should have a reverse output.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
Quickie backup camera/monitor install.

will tindy up w/ stufffing wiring under trim lacing to secure/protect ect.

w/ the lid up just the window I have a attached camera to the defrost terminal and have a decent view of hitch.

so I acomplished my objective keep camera inside vehicle and have a decent view.

Attachments

• backup1.jpg
    backup1.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 25
  • backup2.jpg
    backup2.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 28
  • backup3.jpg
    backup3.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 24
  • backup5.jpg
    backup5.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 23
  • backup6.jpg
    backup6.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Random :offtopic: observation, that's the first steering wheel I've seen that has control buttons on half the spokes, instead of all/none. :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the oddball Saab world.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Not to mention that the DIC buttons that would normally be on the bottom of the wheel...appear to be adjacent to the 4-way flasher button in the center stack.

I could see if the Saab just didn't have them, period - but to put them somewhere else, and have to use a one-off steering wheel as a result - that *is* oddball. Can't really say it's for 'safety', IMO, nor can you say it's for the passenger's benefit, as the display output is still in the cluster, no?
Or does the dash-mounted cup holder have a dual function? LOL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online