Back to bad MPG heat range causing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Can you run a length of hose to the vacuum port for a good secure connection to see of the light goes out?

Sorry where's the vacuum port at? If it's anywhere on the bottom I don't have access to work the Trailblazer at all. I think the PCM needs an update as I have been reading up on the PCM and sometimes the updates will fix off issues but I'm not about to pay the dealer when I could get a tune for that price

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
So I noticed this morning that the change eng oil started popping up on my dash every time I start the engine. It goes away after a minute or so but I am wondering why its even popping up? I just did a complete oil change with synth at 98,378 which was about 1,667 miles ago. I have never had this light pop up on my dash every since I took it over at 93k miles
Engine light.JPG

***Updated** This Trailblazer keeps surprises me...just reset the chang oil light, didn't even know it had this feature

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, unless you have a DIC cluster, OnStar subscription or ODBII scanner, you don't know what the Oil Life Monitor is calculating for when you should change your oil. I believe that light comes on when it calculates you have 10% oil life remaining.

This goes hand in hand with how we tell everyone not to hang your hat on the "change your oil every 3000 miles" logic that's been beaten into so many people's heads for so many years. :bonk:

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Yeah, unless you have a DIC cluster, OnStar subscription or ODBII scanner, you don't know what the Oil Life Monitor is calculating for when you should change your oil. I believe that light comes on when it calculates you have 10% oil life remaining.

This goes hand in hand with how we tell everyone not to hang your hat on the "change your oil every 3000 miles" logic that's been beaten into so many people's heads for so many years. :bonk:

My air cooled Porsche got the oil changed every 3k this Trailblazer will get the oil changed at 5k or 6k or even 7k...

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

I'm such a victim to this I actually do change my oil out every 3000 or when the oil life goes lower then 5% on the OLM.

Then again I have a pallet of Mobil 1 sitting around so it's pretty much free oil changes for like ever. :2thumbsup:

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
So an update since I have moved up to Phoenix, recent trips back and forth going 165 miles each way, gas tank seems to only suck half a tank of gas. The stalling issues went away as soon the new Bosch fuel pump was put in and the Trailblazer seems to be running really well, expect the dumb P0440 code that will not go away...My Torque app was updated and new items came up to check out on the P0440 P0440 CODE.PNG

I hate that SES engine light always being on and when it comes time to sell the Trailblazer, I don't want the buyers being scared of it...any Ideas? I feel lik the PCM needs to the software updated but I not paying GM a cent...

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Love/Hate relationship with the Trailblazer...Took it out on a short 130 mile trip back and forth, didn't even use 1/4 of a tank, which means I should be getting very good MPG...The stalling issue is the hate among other known issues others experience as well... I'm in the middle of putting more money into the Trailblazer, I can see with a little more tweaking and money this would a very great SUV...but if putting more money and annoying issues such as the stall keep happening, its a waste of money
Welcome to the GMC (General Money Cavern) World that I live in!!!!!!

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
FYI that P0440 never went away and made it go away through a tune I got on my truck. I see the SES on start up and I know its still there just one of the annoyance of this platform :Banghead:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's an evap leak, a tune won't kill that.

Coworker's TB has a tiny leak around the fuel pump seal, throwing that code.

My offer still stands, I'll give you $500 for that TB that bugs you so much :wink:

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
That's an evap leak, a tune won't kill that.

Coworker's TB has a tiny leak around the fuel pump seal, throwing that code.

My offer still stands, I'll give you $500 for that TB that bugs you so much :wink:

Sure since the evap caused a small money pit to replace parts that didn't need replacing...nothing more fun than wasting money on parts that don't need replacing...TB should be known as The Bankruptcy since $500 is all its worth even with $2.5k into it

Reactions: Locksmith

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Someone is tragically bitter. I still can testify my TB has been one of the two most reliable and solid vehicles I have ever owned on about a 750K miles of vehicle ownership.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Someone is tragically bitter. I still can testify my TB has been one of the two most reliable and solid vehicles I have ever owned on about a 750K miles of vehicle ownership.

Good for you man , Im glad youre happy with Chevy and the wonderful products they put out....some are not...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
<shrug> Like I said, I'll take it off your hands. Then maybe we'll stop hearing about how terrible of a vehicle it is :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good for you man , Im glad youre happy with Chevy and the wonderful products they put out....some are not...
Thanks. I feel bad that you are so disappointed that you feel must repeated state in multiple threads how awful your truck is. You might want to take Sparky up on his offer or maybe just light the thing on fire and snatch some insurance money.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Thanks. I feel bad that you are so disappointed that you feel must repeated state in multiple threads how awful your truck is. You might want to take Sparky up on his offer or maybe just light the thing on fire and snatch some insurance money.

Threads are open for issues that the TB has and others have...I think your more disappointed in that I have not had the experience you have had, those 45k messages you have replied to the board must be from the same issues that rep come up from this platform that all experience once it starts to breakdown.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You just sadly continue to berate your truck even when you do not want to invest in fully fixing it properly. It has almost become a joke.

I have 45K posts from a bunch of silly shit in off-topic threads with other members and from posting pictures of the truck I built. Not much repeated issues to address, since most members can search through the extensive history of knowledge and fixes to address anything on this old platform. Not much is new with these that needs a fresh diagnostic really.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
You just sadly continue to berate your truck even when you do not want to invest in fully fixing it properly. It has almost become a joke.

I have 45K posts from a bunch of silly shit in off-topic threads with other members and from posting pictures of the truck I built. Not much repeated issues to address, since most members can search through the extensive history of knowledge and fixes to address anything on this old platform. Not much is new with these that needs a fresh diagnostic really.

I agree that the TB is a joke, I invested enough time and money to fix it to the point where I need to be, in a few months it will be sold for sadly a loss, which I am ok with, I never intended to keep the TB forever. Others keep bringing up my posts, if you want since your the MOD you can always close them so you don't see them keep coming up

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
I heard that the Envoy was sold around the world and the Trailblazers were made mostly in the US, thus the reason why so many parts that I had to replace were from Phillipines, Mexico, Canada, China, and when I see USA, I am in shock!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I heard that the Envoy was sold around the world and the Trailblazers were made mostly in the US, thus the reason why so many parts that I had to replace were from Phillipines, Mexico, Canada, China, and when I see USA, I am in shock!

All GMT360/370 were made in the USA at the Moraine Ohio plant. Some were exported to other continents, including TB's. Parts can be from multiple places.

Reactions: Locksmith

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Others keep bringing up my posts, if you want since your the MOD you can always close them so you don't see them keep coming up
I don't see your posts being brought up as you say, in fact I know your one was locked after it ran its course. I do appreciate your permission to close them if actually needed. Thanks.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
I don't see your posts being brought up as you say, in fact I know your one was locked after it ran its course. I do appreciate your permission to close them if actually needed. Thanks.

Dec 28th 2016 last time this post was even active, seems someone else brought it up and yeah I will provide the feedback....For a Mod and forum host, you have no clue that feedback will be provided, and yeah I am harsh when it comes to my vehicles, I am the one driving them, I am the one that has worked on it and I am one that is dumping the money into them to get them to work and you actually would have read the post with this stupid P0440 issue you would have seen lines, charcoal canister, gas tube, etc where changed out with no avail to fix it as you put it "fully fixing it properly"

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Alright, this one is done. Thread has run its course, you did get the mpg issue fixed after all. You're treading awful close now to picking a fight with a mod so I suggest you take this as a friendlier form of a warning and cool it.

:readrules:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online