"Baby Vortec" Air Cooled In-Line 6 Cylinder Engine?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
First ...A look at The Toy...

This thing is just Way Too Damned Cool... Look at the design of the Copper Stator-Cum-Flywheel and Air Cooler for the Fins in the Cylinder Heads for spark generation... the Green Fuel in Goldfish Glass Bowl Carburettor as well as the "See Through" Bottom End. The way he takes a right angle hypoid gear take off at the center of the Camshaft to control the Spark Coil and Distributor is all so very clever as well.

Then ... What a Full Sized, EZ-2-Drop-In Motor might be like...

Too bad GM does not have a Full Scale Drop-In Crate Motor like this Toy with a Throttle Body Injected, All In One Kit with a PCM controlled Version and a Bottom Fed Cooling System and a Kooks Header: Simplicity and Elegance... with a real chance to modify it and make some Real Horsepower , too:

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
These miniatures are always so cool. Too bad they're always pricey. Otherwise I'd get one myself.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
How much is pricey?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...and JIK anybody thinks that a regular GM 4.2L LL8 Crate Engine makes for a “Less Expensive... Less Headache” and of course, stock as a clock solution for a Drop-In Motor replacement for the Ol’ I6 in the Trailblazer, Envoy, Isuzu, Saab and Ranier SUVs... prepare for the "Sticker Shock" that comes right along with it:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/crate-engines/engine-family/gm-inline-6-cylinder

so for those of us with the 2WD versions of the TB... Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get our hands on the Modified GM I6 Engine this OP built for his 65 Chevy Wagon? The lope sounds so cool and the room inside of the engine bay without all of the claustrophobic clutter and a sensor harness gibberish that looks like a "Bag of Snakes" (...think Iggy Pop at a Concert down at Front Stage) ... this thing would be wonderful to work with again under the hood of our SUVs.

Now If only they made one with around 300+ CID... I'd almost be tempted by to buy it and wrangle with the adaptations necessary to make it work... and of course...I'd still need some serious help from @limequat to make it run right:

...and come to think of it... THIS is the one for ME!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think you got your threads mixed up. This is about the miniature I6.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Not really... as the OP... The whole purpose of writing the post was simply to use that Toy Motor to explain my Wishful Thinking about wanting an actual replacement I6 Engine for the TB... that's all. For the sake of the free association of the two ideas... I've edited the original for post and placed a paragraph break for the clarification between them.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online