axle fluid capacity

niceguypmp3

Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
iowa
on an '03 trailblazer with the G80 locker in the rear, what is the fluid capacity for the front axle and the rear axle? I know i'll have to put in the limited slip additive but if i buy a gallon of mobil 1 synthetic 75w90, would that be enough to do both axles?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The Information can be found in this Maintenance and Lubrication PDF as Part of the Service Manual for the 2002-2005 Traiblazers, Envoys and Rainiers that can be Downloaded from the Links provided by @Mooseman's Signature Line:

Attachments

• MAINTENANCE.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is correct. G80 does not need an additive. Just 75w90 synth gear lube front and rear.

Reactions: mrrsm and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I know i'll have to put in the limited slip additive but if i buy a gallon of mobil 1 synthetic 75w90, would that be enough to do both axles?
I am pretty certain that according to owners manuals etc you DO NOT need to add any additive.
That is correct. G80 does not need an additive. Just 75w90 synth gear lube front and rear.

One gallon should be plenty to do both. Like TJ and Moose said, don't put LSD addative in, you'll actually do more harm than good to the G80 because it's NOT an LSD.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online