AWD

burg99

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
So 2 weeks ago I changed my transfer case out on my 2003 olds bravada. I still have no awd. I was told by a dealer that I needed a new transfer case but I tore apart the old one and I can't find anything wrong with it. All gears and chain look good to me. My question is how would they know the transfer case is bad without tearing it apart? I'm taking it to a diffrent dealer tomorrow to get the tccm reprogrammed I'm hoping that will solve the problem. Any input or ideas on what else could be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
A dealer should have used the Tech II tool and put the transfer case clutches through their range of motion. If they failed to do this, and charged you a diagnostic fee - they owe you a refund. Unless they can detail WHAT they did and HOW they know the transfer case was bad.

It could have been a sinple fuse, the TCCM, the encoder motor, or the wiring harness among all those parts.

Did your new transfer case come with an encoder motor, or did you re-use your old one?

How are you confirming you have no AWD?

burg99

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I put in a used transfer case because I don't have 1500.00 and labor charges. It came with a 3 year warrenty. I didn't come with an encoder motor so I reused the old one.I know I don't have awd because it snowed this morning and it spun leaving a stop sign. I think the encoder motor is not bad because if I unplug it the service awd light comes on plug it in it goes out.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Driveshaft was reinstalled right?

If they can mis-diagnose the TC they could have forgot to put all the parts back in just as easy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online