Awd sleeve, lock rite and a4wd?

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Now that I know that a lock rite locker exists for our trucks and that the awd sleeve/collar is a popular mod on our trucks. I was wondering if it was still possible to use A4wd after adding the above parts? If I am not mistaken using A4wd causes increased wear on the front diff disconnect and theoretically the awd sleeve would solve that. Lets here everyone's opinions on this.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The BAD THING about A4WD is not in the front axle disconnect, but in the constant engagement and disengagement of the transfer case clutches. It's a functionally almost useless mode anyway that can cost you the transfer case. The reason for locking the front axle disconnect in place is for strength, especially if you get the front diff locker.

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
the roadie said:
The BAD THING about A4WD is not in the front axle disconnect, but in the constant engagement and disengagement of the transfer case clutches. It's a functionally almost useless mode anyway that can cost you the transfer case. The reason for locking the front axle disconnect in place is for strength, especially if you get the front diff locker.

Ahhh ok I misunderstood what was affected by the harsh engagement. Thanks for the clarification Roadie!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online