average cost of 02 replacement.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
so I got her out of the garage, in order to get her back running good. tried a new mechanic, who has good ratings. fixed rack and pinion, ok great but got her home and trans lines are leaking but they didn't tell me. ok new trans line's, get her home and check engine light on now. once again they didn't say anything. so now they check codes and it says 02 needs replacing. so I want to know, if I tell them to fix the 02 too. are they out to get money by over charging and setting up the next repair. or are they legit and she just needed a lot of new part's.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Can you get one of the boy's up there to throw it on a scanner and help you out?

The O2 sensor for the 5.3 is between $35 and $50. Seriously a 5 minute job changing it out.

Sounds like the mechanics service isn't living up to his ratings.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Which O2 is it complaining about?

O2 sensors can either be relatively easy or a pain in the butt depending on whether they are seized up or not. The O2 in my Trailblazer was a huge pain and required a large pipe wrench to break free.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And another guy wound up stripping the hole in the manifold, requiring its replacement.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Check see if the wires are freshly played with. Hook up a scanner and check the o2 readings. They should all be fluctuating.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
damn, I don't know which one. I'm going off a code the truck is giving them and won't go away. they said it did go away after they reset it but it's still on.

Do you have the code or did they not give you that?

I forget, are you an Android or Apple user? If you have an Android, why don't you have a bluetooth OBDII adapter yet? :tongue:

Reactions: C-ya and xavierny25

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
damn, I don't know which one. I'm going off a code the truck is giving them and won't go away. they said it did go away after they reset it but it's still on.

Do you have the code or did they not give you that?

If you have the code, we can tell you which O2 sensor it is. The code number defines them by location.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online