Avengers Assemble!

StvsDenaliXL

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Okay, so I'm a comic book geek, but hey I go to comic con just about every year :tongue: ......so who is going to see it this weekend? I plan on going with the family early tomorrow and we're all wearing Avenger t-shirts, oh! did I forget to mention I'm a comic book geek :raspberry:

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
I took my kids to the midnight showing last night. It was good, not great, like I expected. I felt it was very scattered, and the first 30-45 minutes are very slow. I understand character development but it seems like the focus was on Black Widow and I still dont understand why she was so tormented in the movie. It had some good humor and the special effects were very good but to me it was just "lacking". Hawkeye was "ehhhhhh" of a character, as there was no background on him whatsoever. Hulk was done well also.

I was a HUGE comic collector as a kid and the X-Men and Avengers were my favorite. I literally had thousands of comics and sold them as a kid for what I thought was alot of money at the time. But if I would have held on to them, some of them are reeeeeally expensive now.

I really loved the Iron Man movies. They kept your attention, easy to follow characters and great plot. This one missed it (for me anyway). I think its a worth while movie to see, but I'm wondering if you will feel the same way I did after watching this.

One of the questions I have is "when the avengers are arguing in the lab, why are they arguing? Is it the septre? Are they just all fed up? Just one of the questions they didnt make clear...

StvsDenaliXL

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Hey! watch it, no spoilers :tongue:.....I'm going to see it tomorrow so I'll give my opinion on it after I see it. As far as I remember Black Widow was psycho and bio-technologically enhanced and had false memories instilled into her mind and she somehow figures this out and that's when she starts to have flashes of her real life which messes with her mind.

jailfood

Dec 7, 2011
HA !!!! - I spent all day yesterday into the weeee hours of the morning. Avengers movie marathon. All the movies, all day long, then the new one. AWESOME !!! went with my son and 1 of his friends.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Ace1875 said:
Ironman dies

Ace1875 said:
Just kidding

ban-hammer.jpg

It looks like Thor's hammer Too. How serendipitous....

:raspberry:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Great Movie!!!!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I saw it online yesterday. It was so damn EPIC! :cool:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I thought it was a good movie, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.
The 2D version was sold out so we had to pay extra for 3D and I felt the 3D version was lacking.
It was also a little more sci-fi than I usually prefer but I liked it.
My wife isn't a big action/hero type enthusiast but she liked it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher