NEED HELP Availability of 1.5" Leveling Front Leveling

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
So, after installing Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks in the 9-7x, it sits funny. Little too tall in the back. Installed my new front struts today, and it now sits even more jacked in the rear.
I like Monroe's Load-Adjust Shock and I'm planing to stick with them, so no recommendations of replacement please.

I am interested in leveling the front end of the 9-7x to make it appear a little less raked.
Is there a product on the market that is not a 2 or 2.5" or is a 2" the one I want? I am a lift kit novice, as I come from the land of lowered Volvos.

Please include companies and lift kits to avoid as well.

Here's a pic for assistance as well.

IMG_4881.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Honestly...there is a ton of data on offroadtb.com that will give you names, part numbers and actual user experiences over the past decade or so. Prolly get more useful info there on your options

Reactions: djthumper

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Honestly...there is a ton of data on offroadtb.com that will give you names, part numbers and actual user experiences over the past decade or so. Prolly get more useful info there on your options

Yeah. I'm just gonna copy-paste this thread to ORTB and see what's out there. I wanna get something that's not gonna break in half in a week.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You might be able to just use the upper half of a MarkMC spacer (or similar). It is only 0.5" tall but I think it results in a bit more of total lift due to the geometry. Might be enough.

Cannot do more than that 0.5" outside the strut spacer due to the CV axles however, keep that in mind.

Reactions: therealsethallen

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Cannot do more than that 0.5" outside the strut spacer due to the CV axles however, keep that in mind.

Yeah, I'm going to call Mark and see what I can do. I really don't want to have to put the struts on my compressor, I hate them. I'll let y'all know what happens. Thanks Jared.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If not wheeling hard you could likely do a bit more outside strut really. An inch would prolly survive if not beat on.

Reactions: therealsethallen

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I'm ordering the kit later this week, Will report back to this thread with pics once installed. I am planning on new tires as well, would like to get as much life out of the current ones as I can. Unfortunately the ORTB "What tire size can I run" chart doesn't include 18s because nobody wheeling their GMT360 has them, so I have to run sizes through the calculator and decide on a tire. I'm thinking I can skate away on a 30.5" tire or a 255/60/18 or 245/65/18, still running a Mild-Tread A/S for Summer and Studded Nokian Hakkapileta 8s on 17" Spare Wheels I got from a local junkyard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online