Autozone price goof?

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
In the market for lower control arms, having trouble swallowing the prices lol. Started looking other places that I normally don't look and found autozone is listing the whole shebang for $38.69 a side. That's $60 less than Dorman from Amazon. Just so happens the part number on autozone for these is the same as Dorman part numbers so I'm assuming they're the same.

Now I can get moogs from advance for $60 more with a good discount code I found, might be able to get them even cheaper through work but haven't checked yet.

So, pay up for "higher quality" (it's all subjective now that everything is China junk) or capitalize on the typo from autozone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-20-00-58-27.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-20-00-58-27.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 29

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hmm... I *just* purchased mine from Rock Auto this weekend - paid a little over $80/ea for the Dormans. Had I seen this...might have been tough.

The only bad thing about the Advance might be the warranty - if it's a 1 (or even 2) year warranty, and they have to be replaced again...you probably won't find them for that price next time, and you have to go through the pain of installing again.

Moog & Dorman do offer the 'lifetime' warranty - but if you believe they are no different than the AAP brand (and I've seen people even complaining about Moog lately) - I'd at least try out the AAP. If they're a bad fit, etc - you can always return them, and then get the others. And you still have that discount code in your back pocket.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'd give it a try.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Moog's are their "R" series not the good stuff..just FYI. I got AC delco off Amazon week or 2 ago for $115 or so a piece...
looks like I shoulda waited...lol
They're $102 today with prime
45D2496 left
45D2497 right

Last edited:

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah same part number as Dorman. For the price I'm probably gonna try it out.

Gonna see if advance will price match me on moogs though lol. Should be fun.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah I saw that in the "suggested threads" slot that reduces multiples on same subject as I was making the thread. That was 3 years ago so idk, hopefully they're better now?

Either way my first move will be trying to get advance to price match on moogs. Second move will be buying from autozone knowing that I might have to swap in some ball joints later on / take advantage of warranty.

Or if it gets down to it I'll cough up the change for moogs. It's rough being a cheap bastard on a tight budget lol.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I understand the 'cheap' angle - hey, I went with the Dormans!

Expecting AAR to be 'better' now than back then? I wouldn't get my hopes up on that, though.

On the good side, AAR should be there 3 years from now, if you need to deal with them again on this.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I'd thrash a set

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Welp, I waited too long and the price has been corrected. :no: 119.99. Can't even be mad since it was a typo in the first place. Will be getting moogs from advance with discounts.

Reactions: littleblazer

Zack2003

Jan 24, 2015
Lol manI literally just bought those from there and my family works there so I got 30% off that listed price. I really didn't want to put a part from auto zone on my trailblazer but after getting them they look amazing. Balljoints feel really good. I have a 96 grand Cherokee that I put all balljoints in from auto zone about 7 years ago as of now I have 97K on the joints and there still good so I think you're safe there. Now if its 4X4 and you off road in it I wouldn't think they would last well

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.