Automatic door lock issues...

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It seems my door locks are automatically locking upon starting the truck with the key in ignition. I locked myself out today when I started the truck with the key, closed the door and went back in the house. I've looked at all the options in the DIC and have read the owner's manual regarding the automatic door locking feature. I'm curious if I'm missing an option? I do have a car starter installed and just wonder if that's the source of the problem? Suggestions?

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
My '09 TB has the option to lock the doors upon start or lock the doors at a certain speed (5 mph?). I'm DIC-less :eek: but changed mine with the door lock switch sequence. Check your owners manual again. Did you start the car with the door open?

If you have an aftermarket remote start it may be interfering with the normal operation of your door locks.

Alan

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I had the same problem when I had my alarm installed.

They set it to lock when the engine was started.

Took it back and had them set it to lock when moved out of PARK and/or reaching 5 mph.

Ask the remote starter installer if they can change yours.

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the remote starter as the problem. The only DIC settings I have for 'auto lock doors' are 1. when shifter moved out of park or 2. when speed reaches 8mph or greater. Must be some interference with the aftermarket equipment.

Dozer22

Dec 17, 2011
Im having an unlock issue . I have an 04 TB LT and it has auto lock on it and auto unlock i never looked into how to change it but when i put it in park all the doors unlock except the passenger front. but when i hit the unlock it will unlock. does this sound like a mechanical prob or just a part sticking any suggestions? thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online