SOLVED! Auto Dimming Side Mirrors?

UsernameIsTaken

Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
United States of America
I just finished adding turn signal mirrors to my '04 Ascender and noticed that the driver's side glass was slightly yellow, similar to a Yukon SLT/Denali with burnt out auto dimming side mirrors. I removed the yellowed glass so I could replace it with the original one from my stock mirrors and found a 2 pin plastic connector in addition to the wires for the heating element. I know there were a few features that were removed after 2002 but I've never heard of these trucks having this. Does anyone with an early Trailblazer LTZ or Envoy SLT have this feature? The manufacturing date on the mirrors is mid 2002 and they came off of an '03 Envoy.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I just finished adding turn signal mirrors to my '04 Ascender and noticed that the driver's side glass was slightly yellow, similar to a Yukon SLT/Denali with burnt out auto dimming side mirrors. I removed the yellowed glass so I could replace it with the original one from my stock mirrors and found a 2 pin plastic connector in addition to the wires for the heating element. I know there were a few features that were removed after 2002 but I've never heard of these trucks having this. Does anyone with an early Trailblazer LTZ or Envoy SLT have this feature? The manufacturing date on the mirrors is mid 2002 and they came off of an '03 Envoy.
My 02 envoy had tinting mirrors all around. SLT

Reactions: UsernameIsTaken

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I had it on the drivers side on my 02 LTZ. But, the heating element went out and with the snow here that was more important than the dimming, so I swapped it out for a normal heated one. I've seen a new dimming one on Ebay, but they want about $80 for it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online