Auto AC Problem

Vicompc

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
In the owners manual it indicates that the Auto AC control should switch the unit to recirculate. It seems mine doesn't want to switch and doesn't want to blow any higher than 3/4 speed. I can manually switch the unit to recirculate and bump the fan speed to max. But shouldn't this be a function of the Auto AC?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't recall seeing that precise phrase in the owner's manual, but I'm sure it doesn't work that way. Auto mode doesn't force the system into recirculate mode permanently, but at start-up on a hot day, it *may* choose to use recirculate at first to get a better cooling rate. And the limitation on fan speed is true. Auto mode is supposed to be unobtrusive and work so the occupants don't know it's doing its job, like a good butler.

As you found out, you can force the fan to a higher speed manually, and override the recirculate choice of the auto control module. It would probably stay in recirculate mode longer when in Auto, if the ambient was wicked hot and the system noticed the interior was not cooling off fast enough to satisfy its programming.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online