eBay Listing Autel MaxiDas DS708 Complete Pro Kit for $400.00... a STEAL of a DEAL!

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you are looking for a Professional Shop Grade Complete Scan Tool Kit for Early Model GM and Chevrolet Vehicles as well as many other Domestic and Foreign Makes & Models that is TRULY Bi-Directional Capable, then THESE eBay offers for the Autel MaxiDas DS708 Complete Kit are an absolute STEAL for those in the range of $400.00 Plus $50.00 S&H:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1449041032...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This OEM Sales Video shows what is inside this Complete Kit when it came Direct from the Autel Factory many years ago describing what it is and what it can do:

Here are the IMPRESSIVE Specs for The Money!

-Extensive Vehicle Coverage for More Than 40 Domestic, Asian and European vehicle makes
- Powerful Function, Support 12V Petrol and Diesel
- Complete Function Capability Including Live Data, ECU Programming, Sensor Initialization, Coding & Module Set Up Functionality
- Wi-Fi Internet Capability: allows for wireless access throughout the workshop

1.Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 40 domestic, Asian and European vehicle makes
2.Deep vehicle system coverage for ALL electronic systems
3.Complete function capability including live data.
4.Unparalleled OBDII functionalities supports ALL 5 OBDII protocols and ALL 9 test modes
5.Automatic Wi-Fi updates available in new software releases
6.Innovative dual-processor technology for quicker diagnostics and boot-up
7.The genuine Windows CE operating system allows for more stable performances, better compatibility and expandability
8.Internet explorer brings internet resource of your choice at your fingertips
9.WIFI internet capability allows for wireless access throughout the workshop
10.Extremely easy-to-us with touch-screen operation and intuitive operation
11.Unique shop tough ergonomic design features multi-layered rubber protection and strong housing
12.Intelligent memory of vehicles for easy and quick diagnosis of tested vehicles
13.Captures, saves and prints screenshots for convenient troubleshooting
14.Displays live data in text, graph and analog for easy data review and analysis
15.Records and playbacks live data to pinpoint troubles of sensors and components
16.Innovative graph merging for easy and quick detection of intermittent problems
17.Automatic WIFI Data Logging for quick and accurate technical support and troubleshooting
18.Built-in over-voltage protection keeps the instrument and vehicle from unwanted damages
29.Creative remote diagnosis for convenient demonstration and training
20.Powered by Autel® Uni-SCANTM technology with no need for extra adapters or "keys"
21.Prints out recorded data any time and anywhere with Wi-Fi printing capability

1. European Vehicle List:
AUDI, BENZ, BMW, DACIA, EU FORD, LANDROVER, MINI, OPEL, PEUGEOT, RENAULT, SEAT, SKODA, VW VOLVO, SMART, JAGUAR, BENZ SPRINTER, SAAB, FIAT, ABARTH, LACIA, ALFA ROMEO, VAUXHALL, MAYBACH, BENTLEY, BUGATTI, PORSCHE.

2. USA Vehicle List:
GM, CHRYSLER, FORD

3. Asian Vehicle List:
SUZUKI, KIA, DAEWOO, ISUZU, TOYOTA, SUBARU, SCION, NISSAN, MITSUBISHI, LEXUS, INFINITI, HYUNDAI, HOLDEN, HONDA, ACCURA, MAZDA.

Autel MaxiDAS DS708 Packing List:

1. Main part

1pc x DS708 main unit
1pc x Stylus pen
1pc x 4GB SD memory card
1pc x Carrying case

2. Adaptor
1pc x OBDII 16PIN
1pc x Honda 3pin
1pc x AUDIA 2x2
1pc x Benz 38pin
1pc x BMW 20pin
1pc x Chrysler 16pin
1pc x Fiat 3pin
1pc x GM/Daewoo 12pin
1pc x Honda 3pin
1pc x Mitsubishi/Hyundai -12+16pin
1pc x Kia 20pin
1pc x Mazda 17pin
1pc x Nissan 14pin
1pc x PSA 3pin
1pc x Toyota 17pin
1pc x Toyota 23pin

3. Test cable
1pc x Main cable
1pc x Cigarette Lighter
1pc x Clipper cable

4. Accessories
1pc x AC Adapter
1pc x RS232 serial cable
2pcs x Lighter fuse 6*30mm
1pc x User's manual
1pc x CD
1pc x Quick guide
1pc x Package list

I OWN and USE this very same type of Pro Stylus-Touch Screen Activated Wireless Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scanner and I can SWEAR by its versatility and reliability for providing excellent assistance for Shop-Style Automotive Diagnostics. Here is a Video created (5) Years Ago from “Crazy Ivan” The Man From PHAD (Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics) using one of these MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tools on a GM Truck with IPC problems:

And here is "Mike...The Disgruntled Mechanic" Demonstrating "How To Program Multiple Key Fobs" on a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe using his Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool:

The CAVEAT EMPTOR here though is the need for You to determine from the eBay Seller FIRST that the USA (Ford, Chrysler, GM) Updates are already installed on the In-Dwelling and Inserted 8Gig SD-RAM Card that needs to be inserted and present in the bottom of the unit. This equipment will NOT work without that Special SD Card and it had to be installed upon the original purchase at the factory by Autel.com in order to be linked to one particular, unique Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool.

AUTEL NO LONGER PROVIDES PRODUCT SUPPORT, SOFTWARE OR VEHICLE UPDATES FOR THE DS708 (SINCE 2013).

So ... Perform Your Due Diligence and contact the Seller FIRST before you make this purchase and confirm What's What. Since this Style of Autel Scanner was discontinued around 2013, if the reasons you want one of these involves working or performing Computer and Module Service on ANY later years for ANY Manufacture, Makes and Models… IT WILL NOT WORK! However, if the SD-CARD is still Present and Accounted For…. Great… JUST DO NOT TRY TO PERFORM ANY ONLINE UPDATES IF YOU DECIDE TO GET THIS KIT.

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay… THIS One has Already Been SOLD! (I REALLY Hope to One Of OUR Folks at GMTN):

AUTELMAXIDASDS708SOLD.jpg

But Don’t Despair… There is still ANOTHER Working Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kit available at this Link from a Canadian Seller for approximately the same price at $450.00 US Plus S&H:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3047753555...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I know how much @Mooseman just LOVES Ol’ Scotty Kilmer… But in THIS case… his Video about paying $1,600.00 for his Autel MaxiDas DS708 10 years ago is well worth watching:

So If you work on Early Model, Legacy GM or lot of other Domestic cars and Trucks and you want a Pro Shop Worthy Scan Tool Kit… You could do a Whole Lot Worse than by KEEP ON CHECKING EBAY FOR WORKING AUTEL MAXIDAS DS708 (FULL KIT) DEALS!!! ****

**** Yeah... I know... There will ALWAYS be somebody who Chimes in with the Comment, "Bobby... WHY would you want to WASTE Your Money on such an 'Older Scan Tool System'... when for 'Justacupplamorebucks', you could get a Brand New, Updated 2022 Version?"

Well...if your Rhetorical Question IS Sincere... I'll TELL You:

With Each Passing Year... The Latest, Greatest Scan Tool Sellers...DROP OFF SUPPORT FOR OLDER MODEL VEHICLES. If you spend any time at all viewing Videos from "Crazy Ivan" The Man from PHAD (Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics) or his friend Keith De Fazio from "New Level Auto", then you can observe ALL of their stacks of "Old" Scan Tools they NEVER THROW AWAY and STILL USE ... for THIS very same reason. :>)

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay ...'Coincidence is NOT Proof of Causality', of course... BUT ... This other Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kit that I previously mentioned above has ALSO been SOLD:

AUTELMAXIDASDS708SOLD.2.jpg

So I'm hoping that One of OUR Folks is the Buyer!

BUT the Latest COOL THING is that apparently, Vendors who have been holding these Units on their Old Stock Shelves (...But NOT Listing them ALL on eBay at the same time because it costs $$$ to do so) have been UPDATING THEIR EBAY LISTINGS since these Last Two Kits have SOLD.

So if any more of Our Folks are still interested in getting their own Autel MaxiDas Kits... more of them have been appearing on eBay as you can see by Browsing Down the Page at THIS Link:

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware)

PLEASE... DO NOT BUY THE CHEAPEST OF THESE OFFERINGS IF ANY ARE LISTED AS "PARTS ONLY" or if the Vendors Do NOT Show Images of these Units In Operation. This probably means 'Some Idiot' likely LOST the OEM Autel 8 Gig System Software SD-Ram Memory Card ...rendering these Units as USELESS HARDWARE afterwards.

Be certain to Check with Each Vendor and ensure that their Units DO BOOT UP to Correct the Screens and have them produce Photos of the Scan Tool Screens displaying the "Ford, GM, Chrysler" Vehicle Tab as well as the "Foreign and Asian Vehicle" Tabs. This way, you will be much more likely to wind up with a Working Unit. Again...$400-ish asking Price with $50-ish S&H is just about as Good A Deal as these you will get!

THIS ONE is a another Good Candidate!!!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would think so. Check out Autel's page on it and check the owners manual:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is an example of what the Autel MaxiDas DS708 can accomplish it is a TRUE, sophisticated REAL Shop Scan Tool. If it were me... I would BUY that LAST SUGGESTED One I linked Above since ALL of the Operational Screens prove that the Scan Tool HAS the requisite Factory Software WITH Updates to 2015 ...for NOT TOO MUCH MONEY! Don't Let The DIRT Fool You!... It just demonstrates that the THING WORKS IN A REAL AUTO SHOP. A Wipe Rag with a Little Dish Soap will Make All the Kit components AND The MAIN SCAN TOOL Look Like NEW!

The Same VOP (Video Original Poster) demonstrates using the Autel MaxiDas DS708 during a Bi-Directional Thottle Position Re-Learn procedure:

"He Who Hesitates... Is Lost"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This Screen Image from the Autel MaxiDas DS708 answers your Question:

AUTELMAXIDASDS708CASERELEARN.jpg

Reactions: Beacon

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This Video about the Autel MaxiDas DS708 answers many more Questions:

MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Do NOT attempt to LOGON or change the Password Settings....and Do NOT attempt to Update the Autel System Software or Vehicle Updates. Do NOT perform a Network Set Up... just in case the Main Scan Tool Unit has been pre-set up to automatically "Phone Home" as their factory Default to Register New Machines Required:

Another Example of using this Device with a Honda to install a Used PCM & Program it to the Honda:

And finally... Here is 'One Of US'...an Average User... trying out his then Brand New Autel MaxiDas DS708 in his Ford:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Any Time, Brother... You nailed a Superb "Best Of The Lot" Bargain!

The good thing about these Durable, Well Made Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scanners AND Kits is that there are a LOT of YouTube Videos available to see many other Professionals using them across the entire spectrum of different vehicles they can service. I'm anxious to read of your own impressions ...perhaps in a few more New Threads when time permits and you have the chance to try it out?

When I got mine a while back, the first things I did to' The Contents of The Kit' were as follows; perhaps useful as General Information for us all:

(1)I uUsed a small amount of Dawn Dish Soap to remove the Surface Dirt and Grease Prints from Top to Bottom. A Damp Cloth is all you need afterwards for the final wipe down and air dry. NO HARSH CLEANING CHEMICALS ARE NECESSARY.

(2) I visited the Main Autel Site to Download the PC or Laptop MaxiDas DS708 Zip File of the setup.exe for the Scanner Desktop Application... STILL available... to this very day:

(3) I visited "Stutzman" at his YT Channel (he has quite a few GM Tech 2 Videos as well) and followed his instructions (somewhat) and eventually made a Duplicate Copy of the 8 Gig SD-Ram Memory Card ...since this seems to be one of its very few 'Achilles Heels'.

(4) The Other would be that because of "Shop Wear" tracing on certain areas of the Clear Plastic Touch Screen caused by contact with the Metal Stylus Pen (Plastic Tipped) after much use. I found a whole pile of easily replaced Top Clear Touch Screens AND the Main Visual Screens too. eBay has them in quantity at low pricing.

Brian from "Briansmobile1" Site explains:

YOU are very fortunate because YOUR Original Owner had the perspicacity to employ the use of a Thin Sheet Screen Protector on Your Scanner. If the contact with the Style suffers from lack of sensitivity after using the Set Up procedures...that Clear Touch Screen Sensitizer Screen is ALSO replaceable and is available on eBay Here:

This Fellow manages to change the screen...Literally... in a "Single Handed" manner:

And likewise, another "How To" from a Chines Vendor:

It is best to Haunt YouTube for anything you can 'Get Your Eyes and Ears On" to see many others putting this Autel Scan Tool through its many and varied paces.

Happy Pro Scanning!

Autel MaxiDas DS708... FTW!

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
I visited "Stutzman" at his YT Channel (he has quite a few GM Tech 2 Videos as well) and followed his instructions (somewhat) and eventually made a Duplicate Copy of the 8 Gig SD-Ram Memory Card ...since this seems to be one of its very few 'Achilles Heels'.
@mrrsm, is there any way to get a replacement SD card if it is missing? Also, is the card tied to a specific machine S/N?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Unfortunately ...None. Orininally, the Tie-In HW to SW mechanism involved the OEM assignment wake-up (Post Purchase) of the "Hidden Internal ID Numbers" probably on EEPROM Chips in various locations on the DS708 Logic Boards...PLUS this could only happen with an interaction between the End Owner-User "Phoning Home" to Autel using the Scan Tool during the initial set up of the Newly Purchased Hardware...ALL of that COULD ONLY HAPPEN ONCE and since the HW & SW are no longer supported by Autel... Never Again.

But... If you view my original Autel MaxiDas DS708 Thread HERE...

...then you'll know that I completely cover all of the reasons WHY this cannot be done. You have to realize that Autel, Inc. rightfully needed to protect their investment in their MOST important STUFF:

Their Proprietary Intellectual Property

They were cautious in this way so that other Knock Off Hardware Vendors did NOT Steal their Business Model right out from under them. When they came out with the Awesome DS708... They ALMOST OVERDID the Generous, Multi - Vehicle - Multi - Platform Features they have included.

Once you've read everything linked above, You'll know what I went through, and hopefully, I managed to thoroughly document everything well enough so that others will NOT have to suffer with any such difficulties by purchasing Used, Non-Working Units.

Just keep checking over on eBay and FOLLOW THE CAVEAT WARNINGS and eventually, you should be able to find a Complete, Working Autel Maxi-Das DS708 Kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: azswiss

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For anyone in doubt that even for those with a Professional NEED for Factory Scan Tools: THIS issue can become an Addiction... Or are these Tools an Absolute Necessity?

Please... Observe THIS Dude’s VERY Expensive, Remarkable... and EXPANSIVE Array & Display of his own collection of Professional Factory Shop Grade Scan Tools. Watch closely towards the very end to see what he has situated at the Far Left Side of the Bench during this Video. Listen very closely to his very particular comments about the Autel MaxiDas DS708 and the “GYMKO” Tech 2 Scan Tools in comparison to all the rest of them at hand.

I was like, "Dude! ... You ARE a Scan Tool Addict...!"

...and You're a MUCH Better Automotive Diagnostician for being so.

‘Nuff Said!

I also spotted THIS offer on eBay related to the Support Equipment useful for all Owners and Users of the Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool Kit, with an 8% Drop in Price over on eBay today:

Main Scan Tool Test Data Cable Compatible w/ Autel MaxiDAS DS708 Diagnostic Scanner 10 FT:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3911386085...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600a.jpgs-l1600b.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
FYI & FWIW... I'm still working on trying to 'Scare Up' as many more of these Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool Kits THAT ACTUALLY WORK ...as possible. To That End... So with that in mind, I just sent THIS Message on eBay to the Seller regarding THIS Kit:

"Any chance for you to "Boot UP' This Machine...and Take Some Pictures of the Main Features that show USA, European and Foreign Car Selections ON SCREEN as a Live, Working Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool? Nobody with any experience or knowledge of these will pay $400 (or less) for this type of Scanner without Showing Proof that the necessary In-Dwelling SD Ram Card is plugged into the bottom of the unit ...and without being able to view images on eBay that prove its functionality.
FYI ... This Autel Unit will be Useless without that Functioning SD Card."

s-l1600.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Im still hoping to run across a 908BT for cheap...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sorry, Dude... It's The Right Church... (Just The Wrong Pew) :>(

Back to the Autel MaxiDas DS708 Subject at hand...

THIS Must be The Working One that @Beacon Bargained for ...AND WON!
BEACONSBARGAINMAXIDAS.jpg

...and now for those of us who may become nostalgic for the Original 2016 Autel Instructions on "How To Update the Autel MaxiDas DS708" ... THIS Site linked below and memorialized as the attached PDF shows what the OEM Step By Steps once were THAT NO LONGER APPLY ...AND CAN NEVER AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED AGAIN.

In fact... 'Way Back When...' Autel must have "Overdone" it's Available, Installed Multi-Auto Feature Set on the in-dwelling SD-Card by including *so many repairs* capable for use with this "Old Machine", that they actually had to remove certain features over time to avoid conflicts with OEM Manufacturers over certain vehicles.

Apparently... Some of them Didn't DIG the Idea that THIS "OLD SCANNER" was able to Make Money "Off The Beaten Path" for After-Market Repair Shops, far and way from the usual "Dealership ONLY" Features that would have forced all customers into one single repair path.

So the Main Idea for my mentioning these events is THIS...:

If you are LUCKY enough to Find and Buy a Fully Functioning Used Autel MaxiDas DS708 Scan Tool Kit... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM ANY UPDATES. But... By All Means... DO make a "Byte For Byte" Duplicate Copy of your Autel OEM SD-Card and Protect Your Investment of this Diagnostic "Old Goldmine" possessed of Superior Range Scan Tool Capabilities and thus...having a "Very Broad Digital Mind". :>)

Oh...AND... Here is ANOTHER Working Autel MaxiDas DS708 Unit (But presently WAY Over Priced at $875.00. However, With a "Make An Offer" Option, I would NOT go over $500.00 as an Offer for this kit. Just advise the Seller by an eBay Message that, "The Average Going Price on a Working Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kit has been in the $400.00 Range" ...and see if he will BITE...:>)

s-l1600F.jpgs-l1600E.jpgs-l1600C.jpgs-l1600D.jpgs-l1600B.jpgs-l1600.jpg

"Let The Games Begin" Count Dracula

Attachments

• AUTELMAXIDASUPDATE.pdf
    115.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay... Good News for anyone still interested in getting an Autel MaxiDas DS708 Full Kit IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION... THIS One is still in the $400.00 Range (Plus Modest S&H)

I texted a Message to THIS Seller over on eBay yesterday, requesting that he UPDATE his available Images of this Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kit to PROVE Without any Doubt that it actually WORKS... and he came through WITH FLYING COLORS:

He wants YOU to
"Make Him An Offer..."

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600A.jpgs-l1600AA.jpgs-l1600B.jpgs-l1600BB.jpgs-l1600C.jpgs-l1600D.jpg

"He Who Hesitates... Is Lost..."

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Well... Guess What? Somebody Got Wise to this eBay Seller...(Post # 17 just above) And "Made Him An Offer He Couldn't Refuse...!" I sure hope it was Another One Of OUR Folks!!! :>)

With the recent success of finding these Working Kits (So Far... Four Kits have been Purchased from eBay) , I'll keep poking and prodding this Thread around over on eBay to see if I can roust more Complete Working Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kits for us!

AUTELMAXIDASDS708SOLD.4.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay... Here is yet another Possible Autel MaxiDas DS708 Candidate. I just sent a Message to the eBay Seller suggesting that he Update His Listing With Photos PROVING that it has the OEM SD-CARD and that ALL of the USA, European and Asian Tabs Function On Screen after Booting UP the Main Scan Tool:

s-l1600III.jpgs-l1600HHH.jpgs-l1600GGG.jpgs-l1600FFF.jpgs-l1600DDD.jpgs-l1600CCC.jpgs-l1600BBB.jpgs-l1600AAA.jpgs-l1600.jpg

If he responds to this message, I'll update that data ASAP... But Just In Case I MISS his reply... Check for yourselves in the mean time at the Link listed above... :>) 'Happy Haunting'

CAVEAT EMPTOR: "Buyer Beware"

DO NOT MAKE AN OFFER ON THIS ITEM IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY SCREEN IMAGES FROM THE SELLER PROVING THAT IT REALLY WORKS!

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It looks like the Seller in Post #19 did NOT want to take images of that Kit In Action... Not To Worry... The One Below has proven that it Does WORK based upon the Screen Images of the proper Post Boot Up Selection Tabs... However the PRICE @ $875.00 + $50.00 for S&H DOES seem QUITE A BIT TOO HIGH and a bit excessive for a 10+ Year Old Scan Tool.

However... He DOES have a ..."Make Me An Offer..." Option on this Sale, so Good Luck with negotiating a Better Bargain with the Dude:

Text the Man using the eBay Message Method with your Questions & Concerns. Perhaps he'll come down to the much more reasonable $400-$500 Range on this STILL Quite Amazing Unit, as long as all of its Parts & Pieces are Present AND if it WORKS as shown in his photos indicating that the Asian, European AND Most Importantly...The USA Selection of Vehicles Tabs are present and accounted for as shown below AND if it was updated no later that 2017 before Autel stopped its support for the Autel MaxiDas DS708 Kit online:

s-l1600A.jpgs-l1600B.jpgs-l1600C.jpgs-l1600D.jpgs-l1600E.jpgs-l1600F.jpg

But You Won't Know ...If You Don't Swing... "Never UP...Never IN...."

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Check out Post # 11 and Post # 12 First...

THIS is going to Sound CRAZY.... But after purchasing the Autel MaxiCheck Scan Tool Kit and actually going through the Login and Registration and System Update Procedures... I realized that the Format of their system looks almost identical to that of the earlier versions of the Autel MaxiDAS DS708... and ALL of the Scan Tools shown in the below Screen Print are apparently meant to use the Autel Maxi PC Suite for their Updates to the current Vehicle Levels. WOW!

It occurred to me that by reading the 32 Meg SD-Card contents and examining the File Structures.... "IF" (and this is a "BIG IF"...) their .INF File Folders and Data Storage are identical... it MIGHT be possible to modify the MaxiDas DS708 GM Folder(s) and include the sub-files that would literally... Bring them up from the Last, Old Vehicle Year/Make/Model Standards from the December 31st, 2017 On-Line Server Cut Off Date ...to the Present!

My only current reluctance to try this out is if these *tricky* Hardware Designs might disable the entire DS708 by reading a mismatch in the Checksum and essentially *BRICK* my unit. I have not at*tempt*ed this *tempting* concept before consulting with @Mooseman and @TJBaker57 for their impressions of trying this out and some additional reasoning for either a YAY or a NAY before going forward:

AUTELSWDOWLOADSITE.jpgMAXICHECKUPDATE.jpg

UPDATE: 11/26/2023

I pulled the 32 SD-Card from the Base of the Autel Maxi-Check Un it and viewed the contents of ALL the File Sub-Directories. While there are a majority of them that are either using similar naming conventions and layout, there are still enough differences that prompt me NOT to try to exchange or add any of the to the Autel MaxiDAS DS708 and risk "BRICKING" what is still one of my very favorite and most useful High End, Pro Grade Scan Tools. There is... No Sense Tempting the FATES!

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.