Audio replacement questions

Shadetree74

Original poster
Jun 29, 2019
MO
Hi I have a 05 trailblazer with Bose, xm, OnStar, rse, and steering controls. I've used the search and found some info but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to install an aftermarket head unit in my TB and want to keep steering wheel controls but do not care if OnStar, XM, or chimes work and would be more than happy to use the Bose amp for a wheel chock lol. I plan on running new speakers, speaker wires and power wires to the new head unit but am not sure wether it is possible to use swc adapters without the stock radio wiring current stock setup works but 6 disc changer doesn't and Bose sounds like crap compared to what I'm used to. Is it possible to do this I've been told in passing if you don't have the radio hooked up anti theft will disable vehicle, might be bs but figured I'd ask people that own these vehicles

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the steering controls, depending on the HU you get, you don't need an adapter if it has the key wires.

Is it possible to do this I've been told in passing if you don't have the radio hooked up anti theft will disable vehicle
Nope. Vehicle not affected at all. Swap away.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online