ATS CRO 505....anyone tried this stuff?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I don't burn much oil between oil changes but after my oil screen getting clogged up and clearing it up with the Berryman's soak....I'm wondering if this might be worth a try at the end of my oil change interval. It looks like it has gotten pretty good feedback.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Saw this recently and thought it would be pertinent. Has changed my mind on flushes.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Eric The Car Guy is my go to after my GMT Nation crew. That being said....it is unanimous.... no running flushes. Just regular oil changes as usual.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
If the engine has been getting proper oil changes and not been abused there is no reason for flushing. I put 365k miles on a nissan pick up and I looked under the valve cover and there was zero varnish and no side to side play in the timing chain. As clean as it looked I know there wasn't any build up anywhere else in the engine either. Proper maintenance goes a long way. And as the youtube video mentioned any varnish that does break away from flushing needs someplace to go and if it goes to the oil pickup tube it just cost you an engine from oil starvation. Think about the problems the automatic transmissions have after a shop does a flush on one. It doesn't usually end well. For me more problems can arise than are solved by this method of trying to clean an engine with a flush.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For any buildup, I'd just regularly replace one quart or liter of oil with tranny fluid until satisfied it's clean enough. I'd do this at each oil change until I'm satisfied. It's a slow process and any buildup would slowly dissolve and drain out with the oil. I just did this in my Avalanche after replacing the oil pump as I found the oil filter had sludge just halfway through its oil life. I'm at about 25% OLM now but the oil still looks pretty good despite heavy towing. After opening the oil filter, if it looks good, I'll probably just use oil after this.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.