Article on GM Performance Division front brake cooling kit (discontinued)

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Surprised that GM didn't develop something like this from the factory for the TBSS, or that nobody else made kits like it after the GM Performance Division ceased to exist. Cost a whopping $399 MSRP, yet it was made of cheap enough parts and could be fabbed up by a clever handy person.

Old Truck Trend article from May 1, 2007:
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/0705tr-2006-chevvy-trailblazer-ss/

0705tr_02_z%2b2006_chevy_trailblazer_ss%2bgm_performance_brake_duct_cooling_kit.jpg

Reactions: Tiggerr

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Interesting. I thought the SS already had that anyway. I've thought about something similar eliminating my fog lights and using the holes for a duct, on my Rainier. Or as a fresh air intake for the engine..

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Interesting. I thought the SS already had that anyway. I've thought about something similar eliminating my fog lights and using the holes for a duct, on my Rainier. Or as a fresh air intake for the engine..
They have "brake duct" cutouts in the bumper that I guess function to cool the wheel/brake area but its not directed. I've always pondered about doing a ram air setup utilizing the bumper cut out. Just never went anywhere with it.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
They have "brake duct" cutouts in the bumper that I guess function to cool the wheel/brake area but its not directed. I've always pondered about doing a ram air setup utilizing the bumper cut out. Just never went anywhere with it.

If I had as much time to DO things to my Rainier, as I have to THINK UP things to do to it....:Banghead:
I'd really be broke and the truck would be unrecognizable lol

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove