Are Front arms interchangeable?

Nexus1155

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Ran into some major issues. Ball joint failed and fell apart. THANKFULLY when I was not driving and just parking the car. Front upper ball joint came apart when pressing it out leaving it like as you see. I think the next step is changing out the full arm. Are they interchangeable from truck to truck? It's not hard work, just annoying. I kind of want to trade it in, but I love this thing! XUV

bvRStGJ.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
THey should be, if you are lifted I would flip them side to side as well.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What you have a picture of is the knuckle or spindle. Is that what you're referring to? Because the control arms are the U shaped parts at the top, or the A shaped parts at the bottom, that connect to the knuckle by the ball joints.

If you can't get the joint's remains out of the knuckle then yeah you can replace the knuckle from any other GMT360, but it has to be the same side one. What djthumper is referring to (flipping side to side) is the upper control arms.

Nexus1155

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks guys! I knew it was called a knuckle I just had a brain fart. I am going to swap them over once I get new bushings for the control arms. Still on the verge of getting poly bushings too. Needed to know if they were interchangeable with the knuckles since I know sometimes people goof on the tie rods and sometimes its hard to order from RockAuto

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Only early 2002 models had the odd size tie rods. Middle of 2002 and through the end all had the same tie rods.

The LCAs changed some through the years as they changed the sway bar and links.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online