April or May meet?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I might suggest looking in Lynnwood or Everett instead, will be a bunch cheaper than staying in Seattle. Plus the meet is up in Lynnwood, so you'll be closer to it. Look at La Quinta Inn, Best Western, Days Inn, and Holiday Inn, there are a few that might work. Days Inn has the weekend for like $134 with tax, not too bad.

Also, just throwing it out there, I have a brand new GM upper bumper cover for an SS that I got from the body shop today (they threw away my oem one). OEM GM part, still in the factory packaging/bubble wrap/etc. If anyone is interested, Id prefer to sell it to a local member instead of shipping it (big and awkward). PM me for more info... :cool:

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
that is a possiblity if some one is willing and has the tools for it..since i can not do it myself... just have trouble driving that far usually... any case i still got to gather up the parts first.... but this is tempting if i can get everything by end of summer.... payment beer and pizza?..lmao

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
LordBear said:
that is a possiblity if some one is willing and has the tools for it..since i can not do it myself... just have trouble driving that far usually... any case i still got to gather up the parts first.... but this is tempting if i can get everything by end of summer.... payment beer and pizza?..lmao

All you need to rent (from O'Reillys for FREE) is a strut compressor (not spring) and a pittman arm puller. Ive got all the tools/jack/jackstands/impact gun/sockets. I loaded everything up in my Jetta and drove to Jeff's house in Arlington and helped him do the install in his garage. He had jackstands and a jack with the front wheels already off when I got there plus he rented the tools so it was really quick.

Beer and pizza work for me, maybe a few bucks for gas if I have to drive far.

I told Jeff this and Ill tell you as well, get new Bilstein HDs for the front before you do this install. Seriously, hold off installing it until you can get new front shocks. Its a PITA to have to rip the front struts apart in 6 months or a year to replace the shocks, do it once and forget about it for a few years. What lift do you have? Jeff has his stock rear shocks for now, needs to upgrade them here soon though.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
is like 2 hrs away...lol... i got a whole list of stuff to get.. half shafts, hubs, shock/struts, end links, ball joints...probably a couple other things i cant think of right now.. might as well replace it all at once when the time comes... dont know if all that could be done in one day..lol..more than likely but a lot to do none the less

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
...maybe a few bucks for gas if I have to drive far.

That's what I forgot, after you left my wife half asked me "did you give him the gas money", :eek: next time I see you Eric.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
LordBear said:
is like 2 hrs away...lol... i got a whole list of stuff to get.. half shafts, hubs, shock/struts, end links, ball joints...probably a couple other things i cant think of right now.. might as well replace it all at once when the time comes... dont know if all that could be done in one day..lol..more than likely but a lot to do none the less

Shocks/struts, that's a gimme. They have to be removed from the vehicle to install the lift components anyway.

Ball joints, the ubj gets separated from the upper control arms so isn't too much more to replace those. Lbj, more difficult.

End links (at least the front) is one more bolt.

Half shafts and hub.... Since part of the half shaft change procedure is shared with the front lift, those can be changed at the same time.... But will require more to be taken apart... This would be a good time to change the brake rotors and pads if necessary.

I'd say it can all be done in a day, but it will be a long day indeed.

via Tapatalk

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Man oh man, if you want to replace all of those parts, then thats an ENTIRE day in the garage at minimum, probably 2 days. It took me and my dad ~14hrs to replace the front CV axles on my 02 2 Decembers ago. That includes having to work around the seized LCA/lower shock yoke on both sides plus a Big 3 wiring upgrade and I think I replaced the HIDs then too. So figure it took 12hrs, think I spent about 2-3hrs wailing on the dang CV axles before they popped out. Probably do it again in ~4-6hrs, but add extra time for rotors/hubs. Endlinks are easy and quick, kardain is right, just an extra bolt because you've gotta unbolt them from the LCA anyway.

Do your UBJ/LBJs need to be replaced? The ones on my 02 are still ok for now, Ill check them again in a few weeks when it comes back to Seattle.

LordBear, do you have a garage? Drop me a PM when you get closer to having all the parts, I could probably be convinced to make a roadtrip down to Rainier/Portland...

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
130000 miles with no grease fittings? no havnt noticed a problem with the ball joints yet.. one i got a torn boot on one of the half shafts already and probably needs replaced.. so why not do it all at once? im greatfull for the offers of help.. but will probably end up trying to find some one close to home and paying them.. or spend the next 10 years saving up to afford getting it done..lol... ssd sucks azz.. may have to have it taken apart twice to get it all done.

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
well there is one day till me and my brother leave on our little trip and its 2 days till the meet I am getting very excited i cant wait to me every one :biggrin::biggrin::wootwoot::wootwoot: so its 10AM at the garage cant wait to see you there

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Yup here is the info one more time:

10am, top of the parking garage of alderwood mall april 14th; (northwest corner of the shopping center, northwest corner of the garage). 10am allows an hour before food places open at 11.
To visualize it, search [ 47.831182,-122.276056 ] on google maps.

You can use this address to get you there: 18415 33rd Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037
take the first left once onto 33rd and you will see the garage.

I decided to wash the blazer so he will be nice and clean for you guys after last weekend :rotfl:
549887_10150723456944634_526399633_9102706_1964204288_n.jpg

See you all there! :thumbsup:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Not going to make this one.

Bear, I'm in Vancouver. Convince Eric to come down and help and we can pull the whole front end apart and have it back together in an afternoon.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
thanks...i may have to take you up on that offer.. dont know how i can bribe any one though lol.. not sure when i can get all the stuff togethor ..be a while. i need to put togethor a list and see what this is going to cost me and then start penny pinchen. not in a hurry..just want to do it right.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Hey just getting ready and starting to think about things can anybody bring a cordless drill. I will need it for the self tapping screws I will be using to secure the HID ballast brackets. If so that would be greatly appreciated. Also a good pair of wire crimpers because I have mine in my toolbox at work. I forgot them lol.

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Can you guys wait can 6 hours for me I'll be right there.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Another great meet! Lots of new mods to see. This time I brought my big camera and actually remembered the battery AND the card... about damn time... haha

_MG_0024.jpg

_MG_0035.jpg

_MG_0039.jpg

_MG_0076.jpg

Kardain
_MG_0050.jpg

Wootown22
_MG_0048.jpg

jbones
_MG_0046.jpg

bigytwotone
_MG_0043.jpg

Answer69
_MG_0061.jpg

:thumbsup:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Nice turnout guys (and gal)!

I was up at Whistler this weekend grabbing some sun and trying to ski one last time this season, was hoping to meet up with Bill (Blade), but I didnt get in touch with him until too late in the day.

So now that this April meet has happened, this thread should be changed to "April AND May meet?" because I want to get one going in May! Finally got a bunch of mods Ive had in the garage/attic since last May to the SS and have a few more to go still!

BTW Jeff, the lift looks good on your truck!

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Heck yeah I'm down for another meet in may. :smile:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
we should start another thread for the may meet.

I was able to take bigytwotone up wheeling with my group yesterday, I think it was a bit more 'wheeling' then they thought it was going to be! :biggrin:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Also, bigytwotone you guys have to give me a copy of those videos!!! I wanna see all of what you got!! Especially my climbin haha

Jan 4, 2012
hey that would be great for a May Meet or June Meet, hopefully I get a chance to go. Got a few things to line up first and also get the blazer back on the road, it not a TB but it is a blazer.... lol would be great to meet some of you from this side of the northwest area.
pictures look great.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Finally a few photos from the wheeling portion!

398794_10150743000824634_52183079_n.jpg

72920_10150750974484634_526399633_9186549_155000768_n.jpg

_MG_0298web.jpg

_MG_0292.jpg

_MG_0146.jpg

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Hey!! Wheres the video?!? Youtube it! :hissyfit::thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member