anyway to "body drop"?

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
Just wanting to know if there is anyway to body drop a tb. Just sitting here lookin at my beast and I hate seeing the frame. Is there anyway to lower the body into the frame? Or am I stuck using side skirts? This would be fine as well, but I was just thinking again. I noticed that there are hockey puck style body mounts around the b pillar(I was looking at my exhaust which is near this) and was thinking that you body lift, so why no body drop?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Just wanting to know if there is anyway to body drop a tb. Just sitting here lookin at my beast and I hate seeing the frame. Is there anyway to lower the body into the frame? Or am I stuck using side skirts? This would be fine as well, but I was just thinking again. I noticed that there are hockey puck style body mounts around the b pillar(I was looking at my exhaust which is near this) and was thinking that you body lift, so why no body drop?
If you remove the body mounts where is the body gonna sit and secure itself..?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Those bushings are there for a reason, could be done though. If you're real good cut the brackets off and move them down about an inch, that's all you'd likely get out of it anyways.

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
I wasn't gonna remove em. Just figured if they make thicker ones to lift why not thinner ones to drop. So it looks like I'm stuck with side skirts then. Oh well there are some that look alright and I can always make some.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dont see any frame on

LiquidTherapy's...

I am not sure one has been body dropped, but there are some bagged ones out there like his

IMG_5396.jpg

028.jpg

Last edited:

richphotos

Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Of course you can body drop it, You can body drop anything if you have the time and skill... It would be a very long process of cutting out the whole floor, raising it up a few inches and welding in new sheet metal to fill the gaps, cutting and welding the firewall to accommodate the drop in the body.

A lot of work.

Reactions: Tiggerr and EarlsTB

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online