Anything I'm forgetting?

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I finished 2 weeks of general vehicle maintenance on my "new-to-me" 08 Yukon XL Denali with 83,000 miles. The only thing that I have planned next week is a coolant flush and fill of GM's Dex-cool. Outside of that, this is what I done so far:

1. Front and Rear differential fluid change
  2. Transfer case fluid change
  3. Transmission fluid and filter change including system flush using internal trans pump.
  4. Motor oil and filter change
  5. Brake fluid changed; bled through lines via calipers
  6. Power steering fluid changed (reservoir emptied and refilled)
  7. All new high performance brake rotors and original OEM pads from AC Delco
  8. New ACDelco 41-110 spark plugs (#8 cylinder was a PITA to access)
  9. New ACDelco ignition wires
  10. New dry air filter from AEM
  11. New air intact tube from Air-raid (uses existing airbox) - the 6.2L just sounds good at WOT.
  12. New driver's front CV axle installed (OEM ACDelco); boot was tore.
  13. 2 new rear OEM air-ride shocks
  14. Greased all zerks on front suspension
  15. Tires properly inflated
  16. Tekonsha Prodigy 3 brake controller installed
  17. New VCIM bluetooth-capable module installed
  18. New wiper blades installed
If I've missed anything, please suggest it. With the truck only having 83K miles, I'm holding off on coolant components such as hoses, T-stat, and water pump. The only other things I questioned are the AC and serpentine belts? They look okay. Any reason to change them?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Look at the belts for any cracking. If you find some, swap in a new one and keep the other for a spare.

If original battery at that age, it may be about at end of life.

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Look at the belts for any cracking. If you find some, swap in a new one and keep the other for a spare.

If original battery at that age, it may be about at end of life.
No cracking on the belts, I may wait till I reach 100,000 miles.

Interstate battery is 16 months old, from the label.

Thanks

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I assume you used Dexron trans fluid and not Autotrak II for the transfer case correct? 07-up full size use a different transfer case and fluid than the older full size and the GMT360s.

Reactions: Busterbrown

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
I assume you used Dexron trans fluid and not Autotrak II for the transfer case correct? 07-up full size use a different transfer case and fluid than the older full size and the GMT360s.
Yes. I picked up 2 cases of Havoline Dexron VI ATF from Amazon. Great price. 1.5 quarts to the transfer case. 14 quarts to the transmission. The rest for a fluid exchange on my 2005 Buick Lacrosse. From what I know, the GMT360's require the additives of GM's special fluid.

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
Sparky said:
I wouldn't necessarily say 2007 and up for the transfer case fluid. My tahoe is an 07, and it uses autotrak ii. Thanks for the heart palpitations though. :tongue: LOL

At any rate, I checked yukons for 08, and it seems they DO use dex vi in the transfer case. In 07 they seem to have 2 different transfer cases depending and one uses dex while hte other uses autotrak ii.

Thanks GM for being such a pain about this lol.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well, 07 is the changeover year, so it is entirely possible they used the older cases on the newer body style trucks at first. Always check your manual.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.