DEAL Anyone need HID bulbs?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Great deal. What ballasts would I pair those up with. I'm a bit of a nob when it comes to talking about this stuff. The last time I had hids was in my 1996 Range Rover SE and it came with them.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
xavierny25 said:
Great deal. What ballasts would I pair those up with. I'm a bit of a nob when it comes to talking about this stuff. The last time I had hids was in my 1996 Range Rover SE and it came with them.
I got a pair of Xentec ballasts that I use for my fogs. They work fine. Not too expensive either. You can find them on eBay.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
xavierny25 said:
Any ballast you can find on eBay will work. You could even buy TRS's ballasts but they're pretty pricey. I'm partial to the "innovited" brand ballasts on eBay, got my brother and one of my friends running them as well, none of us have had an issue with them.

Reactions: xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The ballast matters almost more than the bulb. Crappy ballast with a good bulb isn't as good as a good ballast with a crappy bulb.

I wouldn't touch a modern Xentec with a 10 foot pole. I touch my old xentec kit with a yardstick but that's about it :wink:

Whatever you get, get an AC ballast. Those DC ones really aren't that great. They're just cheaper to make so they try to make them sound good.

VVME AC ballasts seem to be halfway decent for a less expensive ballast. I can see not wanting to put the best stuff on just your fogs.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I really have liked my VVME and had no issues over the years

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The fast bright ones that trs sells are supposedly pretty good. But they're 55 watt so they're undesirable for fogs I'd imagine.

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
littleblazer said:
The fast bright ones that trs sells are supposedly pretty good. But they're 55 watt so they're undesirable for fogs I'd imagine.
Nah, everyone got a hard on for fastbrights from China and TRS thought they'd jump in and score a profit selling them in the states BUT, they failed to get the legit/real brand that everyone loves and none of the fastbright lovers have even bought them to see whether they're any good or not. So, they're relatively untested fakes. At least I haven't seen anyone post over there about them.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If I knew what projectors I was going to use in my Silverado I'd go ahead and get bulbs now since they are so darn cheap. I just don't know!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I already have H1 if I go that route as that is what's in my TB. That would be the cheapest (and easiest) route too as I could reuse my projectors, although they are the old MH1 4.0 which don't have the optics upgrades that the 6.0 has.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sparky said:
...That would be the cheapest (and easiest) route...
Since when do we ever take the easy route? :no:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
D2S for $5 :wowfaint: they've had the h1's at $15 for months though and still do. :no:

-I guess you could buy both though. :wink:
Thanks Garth, you just made a deduction from the mod fund :rotfl:

Could not pass up those deals. Just ordered a pair of D2S and H1s. $20 is not bad at all for two sets of Mori HIDs. Also, had to pick up a few cube relays since they are only $2.50 a piece :yes:

Of course no 3000k available in the H1.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Andrew from TRS emailed me and said that they had miscounted the quantity of D2S HIDs they had in stock. They are completely out. At $5 a pair for brand new, I am sure they went fast. Oh well. I still have two extra sets though, just could not pass up another set for that low of a price.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online