Anyone near Overland Park, KS willing to help me out?

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
Hey all, I am looking to get into a another GMT360 and found a Rainier in Overland Park. I am up near Des Moines, IA and was wanting to know if anyone local could go check it out for me?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4407700247.html

If anyone is willing to do that this weekend I would greatly appreciate it. If it checks out, and I end up buying it, I would be more than happy to treat that person to a nice dinner :smile:. Send me a message or reply to the thread if you wish. I appreciate it!

-Andy

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you don't get any bites... Try contacting redleg6 direct and see how far it is from him. If he is up for it I would trust his judgement.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Hey Andy, check out the Member Map menu button at the top. Two members in KC, and one of them looks smack dab where your ride is.

Good luck!

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
I live near OP, KS. PM me if you're serious about me going to check it out.

Gotta love the Jayhawk license plate!

Jared

Reactions: Robbabob

cstern71

Feb 16, 2014
Thats not too far from me. I believe thats technically Olathe, but no matter. Let me know if jsheahawk can't do it.

Reactions: Robbabob

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
I'm available all weekend as well...possibly a small drive from the bottom of Johnson county.

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
I have been speaking with the seller over the weekend. He sent me some more pictures of the Rainier and I am now a bit hesitant. There is a dent in the right fender, chips and scratches on the back hatch and bumper, and the air ride leaks down after shutting the truck off. He did say that they would take $5,000 for it though. Not sure if I want to invest money in something that isn't in the best of shape. If you guys think it might be worth checking out though, I am all for it :smile:.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
What would your goal be for the Ranier?

daily driver?
trail riding?

Look at it this way, you get the '04 Ranier and you end up spending more to fix the issues...

If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, maybe wait it out, save up for another GMT360, there is an '06 TB LT 4WD(black) with a V8 @ 111k miles for sale in the area too.
http://www.unlimitedautosale.com/2006_Chevrolet_TrailBlazer_Kansas%20City_MO_194687779.veh

I've seen it two times and its very clean and starts right up, sounds good too...made me ponder trading in my '04 TB.

Reactions: djthumper

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
It would be a daily driver/kid hauler/toy hauler. I want something that can still pull my Camaro on a trailer and comfortable to drive. I had an 02 Avalanche that was totalled in March. I liked the Avalanche a lot but think I want something a little smaller but still has power to pull toys. Also, I am in the process of getting a house built and don't want to spend too much on something right now.

That does look like a nice TB. I found a 04 Rainier V8 with 81k on it for $7900 in Ohio at a Buick/GMC dealer. It's a two owner vehicle and in great shape. If it was a few hours closer, I would take a drive. However, it is a 10 hour drive from where I am :sadcry:.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online