Anyone know of any good powdercoaters in the NJ area?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Not for the truck, I am looking to have the intake plenum and valve covers on the vette done this winter as it looks really bad with the blistering paint it has now. I would buy the equipment and do it myself but I would need a pretty large oven for the plenum. The valve covers should be able to go in a rather inexpensive toaster oven but I may as well splurge for both. Just taking a pulse. The couple places I looked into seemed to be hit or miss. Some good reviews some bad. Since it will be winter I can have the car down for a while so I wouldn't mind sending them out if it comes to it. I found a color from eastwood I like quite a bit. It is a black with multicolored metallic pigments in it so in sunlight you get a prism type effect. I was thinking that would match the car nicely since it is black and the pinstripe does the same thing. In certain light it is nearly invisible and in other conditions it pops. Anyway that was all irrelevant. Just looking for recommendations. I am open to any and all.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
If you wouldn't mind shipping/traveling to Maryland, my cousin has a shop in Middletown that takes care of industrial, government, and motorsport customers all the same. He can usually get you a good quote on engine parts with just an email & pictures.
http://rightawaypowdercoating.com/

Reactions: djthumper

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I added more info to my first post so you can find us. Post pics of what you have so I get an idea at what your looking at price wise. What color or finish are you looking for?

On another note I have to follow up with what we spoke about.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I added more info to my first post so you can find us. Post pics of what you have so I get an idea at what your looking at price wise. What color or finish are you looking for?

On another note I have to follow up with what we spoke about.
37436725.jpg
Not my car but this is the lid. Valve cover is your standard sbc valve cover. It's a textured finish. I mean if you'd be able to match the oem finish that'd be awesome too but no one sells the replacent paint. The other was black stardust from Eastwood because I like that color and it would match the pinstripe which is similar in colors.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
View attachment 82415
Not my car but this is the lid. Valve cover is your standard sbc valve cover. It's a textured finish. I mean if you'd be able to match the oem finish that'd be awesome too but no one sells the replacent paint. The other was black stardust from Eastwood because I like that color and it would match the pinstripe which is similar in colors.

Eastwood powder is okay but we use. www.prismaticpowders.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAus_QBRDgARIsAIRGNGgD0WDfFMIr1SQ1Qrq2T3FrtQom90wZuI6ffS230tmuYTY8vUud_X8aAulWEALw_wcB

Look at what they have there I'm sure you'l
Be pleased you did.

BTW I have a buddy that just bought a house over near you and I'll be making a trip to check it out sometime with in the next few weeks. So it just might work out well for you.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Eastwood powder is okay but we use. www.prismaticpowders.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAus_QBRDgARIsAIRGNGgD0WDfFMIr1SQ1Qrq2T3FrtQom90wZuI6ffS230tmuYTY8vUud_X8aAulWEALw_wcB

Look at what they have there I'm sure you'l
Be pleased you did.

BTW I have a buddy that just bought a house over near you and I'll be making a trip to check it out sometime with in the next few weeks. So it just might work out well for you.
First. Why would you tell me that. I've been color shopping since lol. Second, how close we talking? I know of a few houses in town that went up but I don't know if they sold. If you got a street I can tell you just how close you'd be too. Funny how things can line up if they want to lol.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
First. Why would you tell me that. I've been color shopping since lol. Second, how close we talking? I know of a few houses in town that went up but I don't know if they sold. If you got a street I can tell you just how close you'd be too. Funny how things can line up if they want to lol.

Willingboro..... I'll be out there next weekend

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Willingboro..... I'll be out there next weekend
So you'll be about an hour south west of me. Or north west if I'm still at school. :2thumbsup: That's up to you man.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
@xavierny25 since I had the valve covers off yesterday I figured I'd snap a photo of what I'm dealing with. You can see all the... paint I guess, just peeling off. I think it overheated at one point.20180217_160941.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@xavierny25 since I had the valve covers off yesterday I figured I'd snap a photo of what I'm dealing with. You can see all the... paint I guess, just peeling off. I think it overheated at one point.View attachment 83269

That pretty straight forward to do. After a bath in some B12 and a gas out in the oven for about 1hr it should be ready for whatever color powder coat you'd want to go with.

Man I've been so busy with my work,kids and the new shop that I haven't had time to even ship out your decals. I've so been dropping the ball on things. Are you out of school this week?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
That pretty straight forward to do. After a bath in some B12 and a gas out in the oven for about 1hr it should be ready for whatever color powder coat you'd want to go with.

Man I've been so busy with my work,kids and the new shop that I haven't had time to even ship out your decals. I've so been dropping the ball on things. Are you out of school this week?
Nope. Got class all week lol. The b12 is safe with magnesium? And don't worry about it. I understand man. Life gets busy. I know how it is.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Nope. Got class all week lol. The b12 is safe with magnesium? And don't worry about it. I understand man. Life gets busy. I know how it is.
Yes sir it is.... www.bencosales.com/powder-coating-and-aircraft-strippers/b12-aircraft-stripper

We have a few different baths (b12,b15,b17) for removing layers of paint and old powder coat. We're looking in to chrome removal stuff but nothing seems to work great at it so it's a few baths and into the sand blast cabinet those parts go.

Lifes an never ending detour for me lately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online