Anyone know if I can add factory heated seats to my burb

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
Looking to keep factory options and adding a few..
I am pretty sure my Z71 had an option for the heated seats as well as the memory options..
I'd like to add it in. I also am under the assumption that the wiring would be there just not physically connected to anything. During this process I want to make the passenger seat powered as well.

Ideas - thoughts on the matter?
Could it be done, has anyone done this? Any roadblocks ? Is there a seperate module to control this or is it already there since i have the power mirrors that retain position when they power fold and are adjusted when in reverse?
Appreciate anyone who has some info on this.
Thanks
Bill

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
If you don't have powered seats I don't believe all the wiring is there...

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I have power drivers but it appears to be only the lower section is powered. the upper back rest is only adjustable by the lever on the seat bottom. not a full 8 way power seat. under the floor on passenger side i do see additional connections that aren't being used and have a blank plug in it. This is where I would assume its connected. At least this is my hope. :smile:

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Not sure what RPO codes you would need but many options were tied to specific RPO packages. For example, I can add a factory remote start to my Sierra due to another option package that included some base component that it needs. Can't recall the code for my example.

So some of the wiring you need may be there, or all of it, or none of it. It just depends. This is where a bit of digging comes in. I love GMT Nation but the full size membership and knowledge base isn't quite what it is for the GMT 360/370s.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online