Anyone have / use HUD (heads-up display) ?

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Just curious as to whether anyone has this in any of their vehicles, and how much they rely on it, if they do? I know GM was a big early backer of it, so the odds are that someone here has it as OEM.

If you have an aftermarket solution, I'm especially interested in your thoughts on how well it works / how useful you find it (and the name / vendor would be appreciated, of course!)

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Be leery of what is posted on Amazon. Ordered one Nov 2017, was supposedly in Amazon's warehouse here in the usa. On the slow boat from china it arrived in January 2018 more than eight weeks after ordering. Then it didn't work. To send it back I had to pay to send it (literally) back to china! Tried it on the Trailblazer, Ram pickup, and a Cadillac. Wouldn't work. On top of that the minor negative post "It never worked and am returning it" is not on Amazon's site. How is one supposed to trust the reviews if only the positive ones show? My suggestion is try to purchase on locally so if there are any problems it is much easier rectified. On top of that no refund has been issued 11 months later. Amazon says I have to take it up with the merchant. Per Amazon's web site they still haven't received the product back yet from me, but it was sent to china not to Amazon. grumble grumble.
This is the unit I ordered which DID NOT WORK-
SHEROX A900 Car HUD Head Up Display with OBD2/EOBD Interface Plug & Play, Vehicle Speed MPH/KM/h, OverSpeed Warning, Fuel Consumption, Water Temperature, Battery Voltage
bySHEROX

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778QP978/?tag=gmtnation-20
Reprise, I hope you have better luck with what you purchase because I know I like looking at my speed on the gps sitting on the dash instead of looking down at the cluster.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have a factory one on my Aztek. I love it. Radio stations, speed, and a bunch of other info. Its a great thing. I really would like one on my Envoy, but my options are to install one of the aftermarket units, or hack a OE one from an Acadia or something to work.

I also had one on my Grand Prix, althou not as informative as my Aztek, still loved it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online