Anyone have 06+ with nav and rear DVD player?

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
I'm just looking to ask couple questions about nav and rear DVD. I'm considering to swap my 6 disc for a nav unit and want to know if the nav unit works with DVD like my 6 disc does. For example if the watch a movie and use headsets my current 6 disc shuts off the back speakers when headphones are used. Does the nav unit do that too? I don't want to lose these features because of the swap. I asked the dealer and all they can say is it SHOULD work. J don't wanna put out a ton of money to find out it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I'm just looking to ask couple questions about nav and rear DVD. I'm considering to swap my 6 disc for a nav unit and want to know if the nav unit works with DVD like my 6 disc does. For example if the watch a movie and use headsets my current 6 disc shuts off the back speakers when headphones are used. Does the nav unit do that too? I don't want to lose these features because of the swap. I asked the dealer and all they can say is it SHOULD work. J don't wanna put out a ton of money to find out it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

In my experience, The NAV HUs behave the same way during DVD/RSE operations.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
BRomanJr said:
In my experience, The NAV HUs behave the same way during DVD/RSE operations.

Thanks for reply, one more question, I understand I may already have the GPS antenna behind the left center dash vent even tho it didn't come with nav. Can you confirm if this is true? Or any idea how I can get the vent out to look and see for myself, I don't wanna break anything.

Thanks

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Thanks for reply, one more question, I understand I may already have the GPS antenna behind the left center dash vent even tho it didn't come with nav. Can you confirm if this is true? Or any idea how I can get the vent out to look and see for myself, I don't wanna break anything.

Thanks

The antenna is not there, you will have to purchase.
When you install the HU you can reach the area to put the antenna.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online