Anyone else seafoam their intake?

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
Anybody else sea foam their intake? Just did mine and can see a definite improvement in idle quality(wasn't terrible before, would just jump a little here and there). Just took it for a drive around the block so I wasnt smoking the neighbors and so I could jump the rpms up so can't comment on mpg difference yet. Next will probably clean the throttle body(I went in through the brake booster line, so the tb got missed). I will upload the video to youtube and post link in a few. Let me know y'all's tips and tricks for similar situations or whatever.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've done it a few times, every couple of years. There have been times I put on a serious smoke show, and the last 2 times, a whole lotta nothin, which I guess was a good thing. :cool:

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
I only did half a can in the intake and tossed the rest in the gas tank. What line do you usually use? This one smoked for a while(video was right after startup) and I went for about a 2 mile drive and wrapped it out a few times. Got a few good puffs then it quit. Not sure if I wanna try it again and see if I get more out or not.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've poured directly into the brake booster hose, and I've also gotten the aerosol can with the curved straw to spay through the throttle body.

When I've had a lot of smoke, it would usually start during the application, and then it would take some time at high RPMs in park to clear everything out. I wanna say maybe 30-45 minutes, holding it around 2000 RPM...

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
It started right as I was finishing the can(I had actually poured half in the tank first then used the rest so it wasn't so kean to come out). I used the booster line as well. I'm thinking I may have went a little light on the application because the line had enough vacuum that it was basically using a venturi effect to suck the stuff out of the can and was very aerosolized. Maybe I should have poured it a little more so it didn't just run through and straight out? I think I'm gonna get another can and try again tomorrow and see if I get anything.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online