Anybody going to the SpaceX launch April 13th?

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Or anybody live nearby? I've got NASA social media credentials for press access to the launch, and will be visiting the Kennedy Space Center for a few days in advance. Also going to a "Yuri's Night" Celebration in Cape Canaveral on Saturday night the 11th to commemorate Yuri Gagarin's orbital mission. I'm an administrator of the SpaceX Facebook enthusiast group with over 10K members in case anybody wants to join the group or read my launch reports.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/spacexgroup/

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
I'll be there in spirit, that's for sure. Wish I could attend but alas the stars are not aligned for me that day.

Have fun/ loads of pics

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Would love to go... some day i'll be able to watch one in person

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Pretty cool. Had no idea this was even going on this month. Would love to see this.

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
I'm assuming you are flying. If you are driving and needing a place to stay. I live near Gainesville which would be about 3 hrs away. Let me know if you need a place to stay.

Reactions: Mounce

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Thanks for the offer. San Diego is a bit far to drive out and back in a week. I'm actually a huge fan of AirBNB, and found a weekly rental for half the price of nearby motels on Merritt Island, owned by a gal who works at Kennedy Visitor Center and who seems to know everybody. And her Dad worked on the Apollo program so there will be no stopping the story-swapping.

Reactions: Mounce

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
Understand about the drive. My wife used to live in Titusville and her mom used to know everyone out that way too. Have fun. I have too much to do to go to this one. May watch the live stream though if I get a chance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.