anybody else snowboard!

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sold all my old stuff last spring and just bought new,,should be getting this Flow Verve 158" in the mail in a few days!!!!
View attachment 17880

Attachments

• flow-verve-all-12-zoom.jpg
    flow-verve-all-12-zoom.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 45

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I wish we got enough snow to get into it. I used to live near a place that made their own and we seemed to get far more back then, but I just skiied, I think I did 80 days one year. Loved jumping and tricks, snowboarding would definitely fit my style.

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
theres probably 4 resorts within 45minutes from my house,,That being said,,resorts are ok,,i prefer back country waaaaay more!..The resorts around here get jam packed and the runs seem to get icey.....Theres a park by more house that has some sick hills,,the sleders/toobers dont really use it cause of some trees..But hey, mound up some snow into jumps and its killer!!

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
that snowboarding thing is for you fellas up north! :raspberry:
we wakeboard down here in the sunny south! :wootwoot:

here is what i ride, 140cm CWB Faze
301532_3046512.jpg

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hell yeah man! I used to live in florida,,still have mom/stepdad that live in Naples. I go skim boarding all the time when i go in the winter (going for 3 weeks next month)..I bought a Victoria board and taking it with me this time around to break it in!:wootwoot:
View attachment 17901

Attachments

• skim board.jpg
    skim board.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 37

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ooo man that would be sick!!,,id love to build a indoor snowpark!...snowboard year round!....I think it would be a gold mine,,now if i only had the funds to build it! lol

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
In dubai u gotta mall that has that! Indoor skiing and snowboarding if you please! It's in a mall lol! Never been there but going to Dubai in feb so definitely a stop for me!

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
In dubai u gotta mall that has that! Indoor skiing and snowboarding if you please! It's in a mall lol! Never been there but going to Dubai in feb so definitely a stop for me!
man that would be a definate stop!,,that plus a trip to the top of the tallest building in the world.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
jayd1563 said:
man that would be a definate stop!,,that plus a trip to the top of the tallest building in the world.

Hell yeh! I already went to Burj Khalifa (also known as Dubai Tower) during my last visit. We were planning on going skiing but she wanted to ice-skate in the mall near that tower. While trying to be a hot shot I did two twirls, slipped and broke my arm :rotfl:

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
theres a youtube viseo of 4 guys sitting on the top of that Dubai tower,,,like on the outside of the very top..craaazy but id do it! lol...
As for getting hurt,,,I tried showing off and doing a 50/50 switch off a picnic table 2 years ago and hyper-extended my elbow,,,hurt like hell!!!!

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
i started boarding a few years ago, i love it, i havent been in about 2 years. i have an older Rossignol board, not sure which one. i sure do miss the mountains!!

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
jrbngntb said:
i started boarding a few years ago, i love it, i havent been in about 2 years. i have an older Rossignol board, not sure which one. i sure do miss the mountains!!
I like Rossi boards,,most have a great cutting edge and really dig in during high speed...Im a huuuge fan of this one,,saw it in person and loved it....
View attachment 17957

Attachments

• rossignol-jibsaw-magtek-all-12.jpg
    rossignol-jibsaw-magtek-all-12.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
I used to snowboard occasionally. Never great at it, but good enough. Basic tricks only. Last time I went was probably 7 or 8 years ago...dislocated my shoulder.

I used to skateboard. That I was pretty good at. Of course it's been like 4 or 5 years since I stood on a skateboard.
fakiebigtail.gif

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
I used to snowboard occasionally. Never great at it, but good enough. Basic tricks only. Last time I went was probably 7 or 8 years ago...dislocated my shoulder.

I used to skateboard. That I was pretty good at. Of course it's been like 4 or 5 years since I stood on a skateboard.
fakiebigtail.gif
you find one easier than the other?? me personaly couldnt skateboard at all!,,like barely stand on the damn thing!,,,but the first time i ever buckled on a snowboard, it felt waaay more stable.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Janesville has backcountry?

You are talking Wisconsin correct?

Not trying to come across as smug, just curious as to what there is to be found out there. Coming from a guy who started riding the Mississippi valley resorts in Minnesota, now a pro patroller for Vail.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online