Anybody else notice people don't think you can accelerate

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I have been cut off more times in less than one year of owning the Silverado than I have been in seven years of the Envoy. Has anyone else noticed this? Do people assume our big honking trucks can't accelerate? May the ones with the 4.8L engine, but I have no problem spinning my Silverado's tires when I hit the gas.

As I mentioned in another post, I'm thinking about some very loud horns to make sure I have their attention.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Haha, I thought it was just me.........I was beginning to think my big black truck was invisible.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
RayVoy said:
Haha, I thought it was just me.......
Nah, in your case and mine they look at our silver hair and conclude we're too old to be able to have fun with horsepower.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Ace1875 said:
lmao i totally agree. other night i had a girl in a bmw trying to cut me off. key word "trying".
What is it with girls in BMWs? I had one next to me who obviously didn't know what the letters "SS" stood for. I was in the right lane...she wanted to be in the right lane for a right turn ahead. ** She made that turn behind me ** :wink:

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
the roadie said:
Nah, in your case and mine they look at our silver hair and conclude we're too old to be able to have fun with horsepower.

I guess you don't know my 70 year old neighbor and buddy who just had his Suburu Turbo Legacy dyno tuned... Man that thing is dangerous.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
I love when people try to do this. Iv learned to judge their rolling to see if theyre going to try and cut me off. Then if they are I tend to accelerate towards them and swerve a towarsd them slightly. A z71 sierra tends to keep them on the curb. Not sure if this is acquired from driving a truck or just being from jersey :undecided:

<<side note>>

A hornblaster kit is down the line for me. Under hood horn mount with compressor tucked up under the bed on the frame rails, still trying to figure out where i want to put the switch though

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Haha, old and gray doesn't alway mean slow

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
What is it with girls in BMWs? I had one next to me who obviously didn't know what the letters "SS" stood for. I was in the right lane...she wanted to be in the right lane for a right turn ahead. ** She made that turn behind me ** :wink:

It's not just girls. I used to live in Boston, and it seems like every other car there at the time was a BMW, and apparently when you buy one they come with the deed to the road, and they apparently don't come with turn signals, cause people would just whip from lane to lane like they owned the place. Wish I had the TB then. At least its big enough people see it in the rear view mirror. In my Prizm I couldn't get too close, I just diappeared

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
SBUBandit said:
It's not just girls. I used to live in Boston, and it seems like every other car there at the time was a BMW, and apparently when you buy one they come with the deed to the road, and they apparently don't come with turn signals, cause people would just whip from lane to lane like they owned the place. Wish I had the TB then. At least its big enough people see it in the rear view mirror. In my Prizm I couldn't get too close, I just diappeared

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

Porcupines have their pricks on the outside.

Reactions: DDonnie

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I work in a heavy BMW,Audi,Volvo,Infiniti Jaguar Area and let's say they are not Chevy fans. Money doesn't make your car better then mine. Buisnessman with the stunned look on his face makes my day

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My mdb fab bumper seems to keep me being cutoff to a minimum. Something about large steel bumper seems to be a big intimidating

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Haha, had somebody try this tonight, I was in the left lane, about to pass somebody in the right lane, when this other guy came out of nowhere and decided he was going to swerve between me and the other guy. He didn't :tongue:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
My truck is 8 years old, dented and scratched to begin with. Bring it on.....

Saw a bumper sticker the other day....

Its a $500 car, do you think I really give a fuck?!

Tends to be the mindset that I get in.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS did you happen to catch what kind of bmw it was?

Yeah when I see a girl in a bmw it does not seem to fit for some reason! lol They love those cars tho!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
A trainhorn should do the trick. A friend of mine has it on his 2011 ram and it makes us jump even when he's just turning alarm on lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
TexazReece said:
A trainhorn should do the trick. A friend of mine has it on his 2011 ram and it makes us jump even when he's just turning alarm on lol

I wonder if those are even legal to have :undecided:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
TexazReece said:

ItsOnVoy said:
I wonder if those are even legal to have :undecided:

Guy that lives down here somewhere has a Ram Megacab that has a trainhorn.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
mapanch said:
Guy that lives down here somewhere has a Ram Megacab that has a trainhorn.

hmm maybe it depends from state to state then. I can see MI cops pulling over for that saying its too loud and can cause problems. But sure as hell funny to use it loll

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
hmm maybe it depends from state to state then. I can see MI cops pulling over for that saying its too loud and can cause problems. But sure as hell funny to use it loll
\

I know a few years ago after either the Pistons or Red Wings won a championship, people were driving around honking and celebrating, and one of the "fancy" townships, maybe Sterling Heights? started pulling people over and issuing tickets for "Improper use of horn" and those were just normal horns.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
SBUBandit said:
\

I know a few years ago after either the Pistons or Red Wings won a championship, people were driving around honking and celebrating, and one of the "facy" townships, maybe Sterling Heights? started pulling people over and issuing tickets for "Improper use of horn" and those were just normal horns.

Yeah it prob deff is illegal here then. I can only imagine using one of those here lol you'll see cops from all directions coming in on you

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
I am in socal and there is always these soccer moms driving huge suburbans or lame BMWs iv been cut off lots i love the get up and go my TB has, i consider it full size since i have the extended model. i am only 26 so i don't look like a elder but it sure is fun to gun it! especially getting on the freeway.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
BO TIE SS did you happen to catch what kind of bmw it was?
The slow kind! :rotfl:

I never saw the back of it. :wink: Pretty sure it was just a "3 series" though.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
The slow kind! :rotfl:

I never saw the back of it. :wink: Pretty sure it was just a "3 series" though.

:rotfl: yeah could have been that or lower. Because the new 5 series and up are pretty quick :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher