SUPPORT Anybody else have issues uploading pics?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm usually able to upload pics directly from my phone and it would just resize itself. First time since the last forum upgrade that I got an error saying "cannot upload, file too large".

Anybody else have any issues that didn't before? You can try posting pics here if you wish.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
This what happened when I tried to upload a test picture from my phone:Screenshot_20180930-092157.png

Upvote 0

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm getting the same problem

Upvote 0

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I had so much trouble with this problem that regardless of the size of the Images I was dealing with... unless I ran them through the Linux "Converseen" Bulk Re-Sizing Application... nothing would go through. When the file size used was JPEG vs. PNG format and when I kept the image size between 300-500 KBytes... EVERYTHING went through after that. I'm not sure which comparable Windows Application is one that performs Bulk Shrinks like Converseen does... but for any Linux Users on GMTN that use either APT vs. YUM for their File Installer... here is the Code String to enter into your Terminal to easily install this nifty and useful thing:

sudo apt install converseen

... or

sudo yum install converseen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
This happened to me last night, but I thought the issue was on my end
somehow. Wasn't able to upload new pics, but when I tried older pics that had successfully uploaded in the past, they wouldn't take either.

Had some other network issues going on at the same time, so figured that was related...

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I guess I'm not the only one then, especially since you tried re-uploading a previous pic that did upload. I just tried that too and it gave me the same message.

Guess it's Jimmy time.

Reactions: xavierny25
Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks like there was a hiccup in the system last night. I see a large gap in photo uploads yesterday.

Upvote 0

Petnatcar

Oct 17, 2017
Watertown, NY
I'm usually able to upload pics directly from my phone and it would just resize itself. First time since the last forum upgrade that I got an error saying "cannot upload, file too large".

Anybody else have any issues that didn't before? You can try posting pics here if you wish.

Moose,
Make sure the pic files you're trying to upload are smaller then 7Mb
in size. I had the same issue today but I was able to Reduce the Image Size in Photoshop. I noticed the original image was only 72 dpi but the size was 45" wide!!!!!!! so I reduced the size down to 8" wide and the dpi to 125 and that worked.
Good luck,
Peter

Reactions: djthumper
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know that. It's just that the forum software is supposed to reduce it automatically. For the longest time I was reducing them and it was a major complaint that pics couldn't be uploaded directly from phones but after the last upgrade, we could. Now it's back to how it was before.

Upvote 0

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Still not working for me. Picture is only 3.4mb.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I know that. It's just that the forum software is supposed to reduce it automatically. For the longest time I was reducing them and it was a major complaint that pics couldn't be uploaded directly from phones but after the last upgrade, we could. Now it's back to how it was before.

That's not always the case, if the file is too large for the server to upload and handle (file size limits), then it can't even process some images that are too large.

Otherwise, I don't see any issues with uploading.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Strange as I tried re-uploading a pic I had uploaded previously exactly the same way and it's telling me to go pond sand. Maybe limits weren't working?

Reactions: Redbeard
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I am happy to report that the issue is now resolved. Go forth and post those pics!

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I am happy to report that the issue is now resolved. Go forth and post those pics!

Thanks!! Now I can get back to posting more pics than words :celebrate:

P. S. Can we get something done for the pictures uploading tilted to the side. I have tried rotating them manually so they upload properly with no luck 😢. Thanks 👍🏻

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online