Any pics of underside of V8 4WD/AWD Envoys/TB/Buick/Isuzu especially trans/Xfer case/exhaust?

matermark

Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
Niagara Falls NY
I'm looking for some pics looking up at this truck that have especially the trans pan, any exhaust in the engine/trans area including crossover pipes, any with transfer case, and trans crossmember. I still need to replace trans cooler lines and am rebuilding a 4l60e to beyond-4l75 specs for an '04 Envoy XUV 4WD and am handicapped and would like to see what I'd be dealing with... I do remember a YT video of a trans R&R, I think it was in 2 parts, but have no pictures or even diagrams. I need to see if the exhaust is in the way, also if a truck pan with a drain plug in the flat area of the pan, not in a dimple, clears everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
First... Visit THIS Link while you are Signed In as a Member privileged to access and Download the GM Factory OEM Service Manuals providing uncommonly good technical data on all of the SUVs in the GMT360 Family:

None of these Videos involve a V8 Engine....but the Bracing, Trussing & Gusset layout from the back of the Engine Block towards the Transmission on all of these should have the same super-structure. Play the scenes @ (1/4) Viewing Speed and then Screen Capture (PRNTSCRN) whatever you spy that seems to be relevant... you might find a little of what you're after:

Next up... View THIS 2002 Trailblazer Body Removal Video to access the Blown (Con-Rod Through The Block) Engine & 4L60E Transmission needing to part company on a 4WD SUV, (Performed by Duane & Crew over at "RealFixesRealFast")

There are two other Videos that also feature showing the expansive undersides of Trailblazers; the first one displaying a Lifted 4WD Trailblazer over at the Garage of SMA (South Main Auto) in Avica, NY where Eric "O" performs a 4L60E Transmission ATF Fluid and Filter Change:

This second one was created by a Clever Kid Mechanic named "ThatAccordGuy" showing "How to R&R the 4L60E Transmission Coolant Lines on a Trailblazer." He filmed mostly at the underside of the Exhaust System. You can scour this Video for the Still Shots you seek as he focused his camera primarily on the Passenger underside areas adjacent the Exhaust System at the right sight of the 4L60E Transmission:

Good Luck...

Last edited:

matermark

Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
Niagara Falls NY
Thanks for the links & videos. I have seen that one with that speckled shop floor clean enough to eat off before! I've seen another line job where the guy did the front lines then gave up and farmed out the lines connecting to the transmission to a shop instead. I don't recall if I've seen a line job on a V8 yet....

Does anybody recall the truck platform code for the GMC XUV, like my avatar? That dark gray section is the electric roof that moves all the way to that crossbar. It's the one with the cargo area like an Avalanche but with an electric rear roof and hidden rear floor drains so you can hose out the back? I think it has its own code, maybe it branches off the gmt360.... I remember seeing it in a jpg pic, maybe 310? 311? 340? anybody know? Thanks.

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
  • Love
Reactions: mrrsm and matermark

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove