Any other GMT's in IA?

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
I see a TON of Envoy's and TB's all over my small dinky little town in SE IA, none are modded and they are all almost always stock. I've seen a few with fron tinted windows :wink:

I'm just wondering if I'm the only GMT here in my town?
 

stormsurge

Member
Jan 29, 2012
386
Voymom said:
I see a TON of Envoy's and TB's all over my small dinky little town in SE IA, none are modded and they are all almost always stock. I've seen a few with fron tinted windows :wink:

I'm just wondering if I'm the only GMT here in my town?

Im up in bettendorf. What town ya in?
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
I'm in Mount Pleasant! I have nothing that sets me out from the rest as of now, besides the fact that it's a LWB and it has been debadged and demolded.
 

High Voltage

Member
Nov 18, 2011
462
Voymom said:
I'm in Mount Pleasant! I have nothing that sets me out from the rest as of now, besides the fact that it's a LWB and it has been debadged and demolded.
I was in Wapello (home town) this weekend. Hopefully we can get a meet together somewhere this year!
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
High Voltage said:
I was in Wapello (home town) this weekend. Hopefully we can get a meet together somewhere this year!

Never been to Wapello, and that sounds great!!
 

High Voltage

Member
Nov 18, 2011
462
Voymom said:
Never been to Wapello, and that sounds great!!

Your not missing anything! If you want to host a meet and want help let me know!
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
High Voltage said:
Your not missing anything! If you want to host a meet and want help let me know!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a meet!! I'm all up for meeting new friends and talking about our trucks :smile: I just have NO idea what we're supposed to do at a meet lol. Is it kind of like a BBQ with a bunch of enthusiasts? And I would love to have my children attend, I like having them around stuff like this so that some where down the line they will like cars and trucks as much as me and their dad does :biggrin:

If we did plan on a meet, we would maybe have to do it late summer? I am in the process of house shopping and our little rental is lame.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Uncle Blazer said:
Keeping it real in the city of 5 smells
Uncle Blazer- I was just up there not long ago, it's where I bought my Envoy at Mcgrath auto

stormsurge said:
Sounds cool, but witch truck do i take lol.
Stormsurge- Forget the truck...bring the boat? lol
 

High Voltage

Member
Nov 18, 2011
462
Voymom said:
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a meet!! I'm all up for meeting new friends and talking about our trucks :smile: I just have NO idea what we're supposed to do at a meet lol. Is it kind of like a BBQ with a bunch of enthusiasts? And I would love to have my children attend, I like having them around stuff like this so that some where down the line they will like cars and trucks as much as me and their dad does :biggrin:

If we did plan on a meet, we would maybe have to do it late summer? I am in the process of house shopping and our little rental is lame.
Yeah A meet is just a BBQ get together check out everybody's trucks and get ideas on what you want to do or not do and maybe a cruse around. I have met some great people at meets that are now great friends of mine! :biggrin: Most defiantly bring your kids!! The meet doesn't have to be at your house. I'm sure there is a park somewhere we can meet and eat.
Uncle Blazer said:
Keeping it real in the city of 5 smells
I'm just down the road from you!
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
High Voltage said:
I'm here! Was down in the SE all weekend! Where you from?
View attachment 3583


How many times have you been pulled over and ticketed for your window tint? lol
My toyota had 5% in back and 15% in front...got pulled over once and no ticket, I'm trying to convince hubby to let me do limo in back and 30% in front.
Having a hard time to convince him because state law says 75% in front :mad: I'm also trying to get him to delete the res, but state says excessive noise from the muffler region is also illegal.

And yes, we have a park around here, a few actually. We could maybe set up a meet and a cruise around town...
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Voymom said:
Having a hard time to convince him because state law says 75% in front :mad: I'm also trying to get him to delete the res, but state says excessive noise from the muffler region is also illegal.

And yes, we have a park around here, a few actually. We could maybe set up a meet and a cruise around town...

IN is 35% front tint, but I just did 20 and it matches well with the rear factory 17-18%. Never been harassed about it. I dont think Jeffs is any darker than mine, but I could be mistaken.

The res could be cut off and you would never even know. Maybe Jeff can cut it off sometime when he is in the area and we can see if your hubby ever notices....

I could be convinced to come across for a SE meet. Or maybe I can look into something in betweeen.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
HARDTRAILZ said:
IN is 35% front tint, but I just did 20 and it matches well with the rear factory 17-18%. Never been harassed about it. I dont think Jeffs is any darker than mine, but I could be mistaken.

The res could be cut off and you would never even know. Maybe Jeff can cut it off sometime when he is in the area and we can see if your hubby ever notices....

I could be convinced to come across for a SE meet. Or maybe I can look into something in betweeen.

Really? I just remember the tint in my Toyota not being so dark at 5%. I had 20% all the way around on my Mazda 3 and it doesn't look nearly as dark as High Voltage's or some of the other GMT's I have seen around the forum. I want to put either a magnaflow or flowmaster on it...make it sound a bit beefier than it actually is lol, but it's illegal. Thats my hubby's whole point "it's Illegal" :crazy:
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,956
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
Really? I just remember the tint in my Toyota not being so dark at 5%. I had 20% all the way around on my Mazda 3 and it doesn't look nearly as dark as High Voltage's or some of the other GMT's I have seen around the forum. I want to put either a magnaflow or flowmaster on it...make it sound a bit beefier than it actually is lol, but it's illegal. Thats my hubby's whole point "it's Illegal" :crazy:

It is only illegal if they notice it. :wink:
 

BO TIE SS

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,497
Voymom said:
Really? I just remember the tint in my Toyota not being so dark at 5%.
Just remember, the lower the number the darker the tint. The number represents the total amount of light that passes through. If your Toyota didn't look very dark, it probably wasn't really 5%.
 

fletch09

Member
Nov 20, 2011
1,982
HARDTRAILZ said:
IN is 35% front tint, but I just did 20 and it matches well with the rear factory 17-18%. Never been harassed about it. I dont think Jeffs is any darker than mine, but I could be mistaken.

The res could be cut off and you would never even know. Maybe Jeff can cut it off sometime when he is in the area and we can see if your hubby ever notices....
I could be convinced to come across for a SE meet. Or maybe I can look into something in betweeen.

:iagree:
that was one of the first things i did when i got mine.

Voymom said:
Really? I just remember the tint in my Toyota not being so dark at 5%. I had 20% all the way around on my Mazda 3 and it doesn't look nearly as dark as High Voltage's or some of the other GMT's I have seen around the forum. I want to put either a magnaflow or flowmaster on it...make it sound a bit beefier than it actually is lol, but it's illegal. Thats my hubby's whole point "it's Illegal" :crazy:

maybe jeff will chime in. he has a custom exhaust on his (he has the 5.3 v8) i don't think he has ever been stopped for the noise.
 

stormsurge

Member
Jan 29, 2012
386
Voymom said:
I'm in Mount Pleasant! I have nothing that sets me out from the rest as of now, besides the fact that it's a LWB and it has been debadged and demolded.

My dad was from there.
 

stormsurge

Member
Jan 29, 2012
386
Voymom said:
Uncle Blazer- I was just up there not long ago, it's where I bought my Envoy at Mcgrath auto


Stormsurge- Forget the truck...bring the boat? lol

Wish that was mine. Need a big truck for that boat lol.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
stormsurge said:
Wish that was mine. Need a big truck for that boat lol.

lol yes you would! And there is NOTHING fun about this town lemme tell you. This place is boring! I think the most fun we ever have had here are our BBQ's and when we go night fishing in the summer. Other than that it's pretty boring. And finding a job here is pointless as well. I miss working, but no one will hire me as i'm no longer a peppy little college girl willing to lift my skirt and bend over for work....at least that is what the owner for a bar here told me:mad: I use to bartend....I guess I need to pick a different profession lol I went to school for Veterinary Technology, but once again nothing around here.
 

stormsurge

Member
Jan 29, 2012
386
Voymom said:
How many times have you been pulled over and ticketed for your window tint? lol
My toyota had 5% in back and 15% in front...got pulled over once and no ticket, I'm trying to convince hubby to let me do limo in back and 30% in front.
Having a hard time to convince him because state law says 75% in front :mad: I'm also trying to get him to delete the res, but state says excessive noise from the muffler region is also illegal.

And yes, we have a park around here, a few actually. We could maybe set up a meet and a cruise around town...

There stricked on tint around here. they have gages for tint and they use them.
 

High Voltage

Member
Nov 18, 2011
462
Voymom said:
How many times have you been pulled over and ticketed for your window tint? lol
My toyota had 5% in back and 15% in front...got pulled over once and no ticket, I'm trying to convince hubby to let me do limo in back and 30% in front.
Having a hard time to convince him because state law says 75% in front :mad: I'm also trying to get him to delete the res, but state says excessive noise from the muffler region is also illegal.

And yes, we have a park around here, a few actually. We could maybe set up a meet and a cruise around town...
I have had the tint for quite a while now. Been pulled over 3 times just lately!!! Just written warnings! Do not travel on hiway 218 or you will get stopped! The last time was just this weekend on my way to Wapello. State trooper! He was more interested in seeing my pistol and my truck than anything!
HARDTRAILZ said:
IN is 35% front tint, but I just did 20 and it matches well with the rear factory 17-18%. Never been harassed about don'tI dont think Jeffs is any darker than mine, but I could be mistaken.

The res could be cut off and you would never even know. Maybe Jeff can cut it off sometime when he is in the area and we can see if your hubby ever notices....

I could be convinced to come across for a SE meet. Or maybe I can look into something in betweeen.
Yeah mine is 20% but remember that is over the 70% from factory. Matches the back perfectly. I think mine looks darker on the black TB. Yes I have sawzall and will travel!!
fletch09 said:
:iagree:
that was one of the first things i did when i got mine.



maybe jeff will chime in. he has a custom exhaust on his (he has the 5.3 v8) i don't think he has ever been stopped for the noise.
I have an exelerator single in duel out muffler. Never been stopped for noise. Well at least the noise out of the tail pipe!:biggrin:
stormsurge said:
There stricked on tint around here. they have gages for tint and they use them.
Yes they do! Mine showed 12 I think.
 

D-V_Envoy

Member
Dec 6, 2011
51
We'll be in SE Iowa in May!
Hometown is JUST up the road from Jeff in Columbus Jct.
We're heading there to visit prior to heading off to Germany--per the USAF.

I noticed a meet in Michigan for the 18-20 May. Maybe those of us who think its too far can have a "Hawkeye" meet that weekend? :smile:
And yes, Illi, Mizzos and other invted. LOL:biggrin:
 

Spong

Member
Dec 12, 2011
59
Another Iowa here. Up by Dubuque, moved here from Omaha last year.

I travel all over the midwest for my job and I put over 30k on my TB in the 11 months. I normally don't drive it for work but I have been since April 2011. I stayed in Mt Pleasant once last fall. I was just all over Michigan last week including the UP. Snapped a couple pics of the TB with the Mackinac bridge behind it. Took a couple pics of the TB by the Gulf in Biloxi MS back in Feb!!

I also was pulled over by the State Patrol for tint in last year. He didn't like my tint, tinted LED tails or tinted plate covers. Pulled me over north of the Quad Cities on 61. Had the TB in Omaha for 5 years and the fuzz there didn't care about any of those things!
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Spong said:
Another Iowa here. Up by Dubuque, moved here from Omaha last year.

I travel all over the midwest for my job and I put over 30k on my TB in the 11 months. I normally don't drive it for work but I have been since April 2011. I stayed in Mt Pleasant once last fall. I was just all over Michigan last week including the UP. Snapped a couple pics of the TB with the Mackinac bridge behind it. Took a couple pics of the TB by the Gulf in Biloxi MS back in Feb!!

I also was pulled over by the State Patrol for tint in last year. He didn't like my tint, tinted LED tails or tinted plate covers. Pulled me over north of the Quad Cities on 61. Had the TB in Omaha for 5 years and the fuzz there didn't care about any of those things!

Welcome, welcome. I hate Iowa lol We're having a meet May 12th in Amana and you and your family are more than welcome to come. It's byob and byom(meat). No set time as of yet, but we have time to get that situated.
 

Uncle Blazer

Member
Dec 8, 2011
263
Voymom said:
Welcome, welcome. I hate Iowa lol We're having a meet May 12th in Amana and you and your family are more than welcome to come. It's byob and byom(meat). No set time as of yet, but we have time to get that situated.

Just found out I have a bar crawl to cure cancer in DM on the 12th so won't be able to make the meet. I will post a picture of me next to the TB and you can print it off and carry it around so at least i will be there in spirit. Maybe I should just drop off my TB and checkbook in Amana and let you and HT have at it for the weekend.
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
stormsurge said:
Any updates on the may 12th meet?:cool:

Not as of yet. Drew is putting it together so I'm waiting to hear from him. He hasn't given a time yet or a definite place to meet. If no updates are posted by next month I will go ahead and take over. And post updates.
 

D-V_Envoy

Member
Dec 6, 2011
51
Want to fist say, I'm sorry to everyone after I kinda was the one to start this idea.
But, I just went--actually still am going through a major life change and I'm not going to be able to make it for the 12 May event. :sadcry:

I do hope you all still meet and have a great time.

Again, sorry to have to pull out.
-Drew

P.S.
The Voy may be looking for a new home. :sadcry:
 

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
D-V_Envoy said:
Want to fist say, I'm sorry to everyone after I kinda was the one to start this idea.
But, I just went--actually still am going through a major life change and I'm not going to be able to make it for the 12 May event. :sadcry:

I do hope you all still meet and have a great time.

Again, sorry to have to pull out.
-Drew

P.S.
The Voy may be looking for a new home. :sadcry:

Sorry to hear that Drew, I hope everything turns out okay. If you plan on selling the voy let me know, hubby is looking for a vehicle and I rather keep it in the family lol. I will take over from here with the meet, if you change your mind though, feel free to come! Wishing you well!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,488
Posts
639,901
Members
18,722
Latest member
Mmc0229

Members Online