Any members near Detroit, MI willing to do me a favor?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So I'm looking at replacing my TB this year with another newer, less rusty one. Every so often I see one that looks like it may be decent up towards Detroit. I'm not sure if I really want to drive 2+ hours to just go look at a vehicle. I did that once and it kinda sucked driving for over 4 hours round trip for nothing. Is there anyone near up there that would be willing to look at a vehicle or two for me up that direction at some point?

I've been told I should look south for a TB to try to avoid as much rust, but those darn southerners don't have 4x4 trucks near as much as us up north.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
I make no promises on my abilities to determine whether or not its worth a drive, but if you see one, pm me the info and I can probably take a look. Depending on which part of Detroit we are talking about LOL. I live out in the 'burbs, but I work much closer to Detroit. Southfield area.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I wouldn't mind going further out if I knew I was able to get a good vehicle to make the trip worth it. FWIW my budget is around $7000 or so. I also have to put a new furnace in my house this year along with a few other things (reseal the metal roof, gravel the drive, etc) so I'm limited. I do not want to take out a loan.

tpc, a couple I saw were in the Dearborn Heights area, so south of you I think. Thanks! I may PM you those.

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
Sparky said:
I wouldn't mind going further out if I knew I was able to get a good vehicle to make the trip worth it. FWIW my budget is around $7000 or so. I also have to put a new furnace in my house this year along with a few other things (reseal the metal roof, gravel the drive, etc) so I'm limited. I do not want to take out a loan.

tpc, a couple I saw were in the Dearborn Heights area, so south of you I think. Thanks! I may PM you those.
Ok sounds good. Dearborn heights is fairly close to work, so that works. At least the big portion of it is. When you look at google maps it looks like a jigsaw puzzle...I don't get that lol.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
There is one fairly close to me I'm going to check on first that looks like it may be a possibility (2007 LT with 102k for $7000).

One up there is a 2006 LT with only 67k on it for $7k (so I'm guessing rebuilt title given the miles) and the other is a 2008 LT with 108k for the same price. Both private sellers.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
Sparky,

I am also willing to help you out looking at trucks in the Detroit area, I live just north of Detroit in Oak Park.

I maintain my own vehicles (5 right now, one is my XUV).

Let me know if I can be any help. Those western and southern vehicles are usually a better investment, my XUV came from Florida and is so much easier to work on and no rust yet.

Good luck,
Bob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online