FOR SALE Any Interest in my Old Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I upgraded all four springs in my Trailblazer. I assume the ones I took out are original, so they have about 110,000 miles on them. They worked, but the ride was much so soft and boat-like for my liking. The parts are as follows:

Front: 15125883
Front: 15125884

Rear x 2: 15948010

They are surprisingly big and heavy, so shipping might be iffy. Or at best, very expensive. I'm not sure what to even ask for for something like this, any suggestions? Or maybe no one will want them, and I'll just make a cool pogo stick or something :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Us lifted guys tend to just give them away to those in need honestly. Guys with busted air bags can use the rear, but the fronts tend to be just garage art.

Reactions: djthumper

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Scrap yard.... what's the going price for scrap now anyway? .09 a lbs. Go get you some of that. I'm jus saying.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I have a scrap pile but it's pretty small, probably won't be worth the gas to drive back there again any time soon. I was also thinking it might be interesting to put one in my outdoor fireplace. The coil might make an interesting heat sink to draw the heat out of the superheated ashes and up into the burning area of the fire. It might make it easier to keep the fire going nice and hot. Or, maybe more heat will escape into space because of it, and maybe the fire will be harder to keep going. I'll find out, and THEN it will go into my scrap pile.

Unless anyone wants to buy em? Very cheap, no reasonable offer refused :tongue:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
THey have that plastic coating on them so if you use them in your fire pit you will probably get some really nasty smoke from them for a while.

Reactions: littleblazer

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Hmmm, I guess jet fuel CAN melt steal beams..... What I mean is...

So I had a nice 4 hour long fire in my outdoor fireplace today. Just burning some old wood I had lying around. Mostly lumber scraps, but also some 3 month old sumac tree. I had the fire going good and hot.

FgLmXCB.jpg

I had the spring glowing a nice bright red for hours, but nothing seemed to be happening. Then I finally let the fire burn out so I could go home. As the burning wood crumbled away, much to my surprise, the spring had significantly deformed! I don't have a pic but many 'rings' were much closer together, and it was no longer straight. I had assumed nothing at all was going to happen, I was very surprised I was able to deform it.

But what does this all mean? Literally nothing. I have gleaned zero useful information from this experiment. But it was pretty cool and I have 3 more springs soooooo I'll be doing it again.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Ok this is pretty cool I gotta say. That is a lot of compression for a spring that had no weight on it at all. It compressed solely under it's own weight, plus a whole lot of heat.

qnlwi9z.jpg

Now I kind of want to do this to all of them, they'll take up a lot less room in my scrap bucket :smile:

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online