any home alarm experts?

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
My ADT alarm... she is on the drugs. We don't have the monthly service, just came with the house. We like it cause the doors chime when our three year old opens it. Recently our garage entry door has stopped chiming when opened/shut but our control units will randomly freak the F out and beep for around 6 rapid fire beeps. Replaced the two AAA batteries on the little door module, no effect. We turned off the chime setting entirely, still happens. Not sure how to disable that door's zone with our control pad, no manual. We do know the code though.

So, after all that non-sensical rambling, any thoughts?

Thanks,

LT

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Is it run on a hard wire usually is a phone line wire actually either quad (red green yellow black) or Cat5 (blue orange green brown slate)???

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Lima Tango said:
Replaced the two AAA batteries on the little door module, no effect.

STLtrailbSS said:
Is it run on a hard wire usually is a phone line wire actually either quad (red green yellow black) or Cat5 (blue orange green brown slate)???

I am guessing it's the wireless door contact style since he had to replace the batteries.

I found a link to the manuals:
Owners Alarm Manuals - ADT Security Services

Good luck

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Correct, it is wireless. No markings or anything other than ADT on the control panel, looks like I will be going through those manuals one by one until one looks right. Thanks for finding that resource!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
You will need the "master code" which is usually six digits, and set by the installation company, to add or remove zones. The companies are generally resistant to giving them out. It requires you to have them out (and pay a fee) to have any work done.

ADT Honeywell units are reprogramable via the base station. Brinks units (with the remote brain box) generally require a special keypad.

If you just want the door chime feature, you are probably better off hitting up HD or Lowe's for some cheap wireless door chimes.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I have ADT alarm too, in the manual you can bypass a zone on the panel with your code.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I have ADT alarm too, in the manual you can bypass a zone on the panel with your code.

Bypass will allow you to arm the system with that zone not in ready mode. It will not prevent the trouble alert he's getting (the rapid beeps). He needs to remove the zone or replace the bad wireless door module to get rid of that. Both of those operations need the master key.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online