Any Geocachers out there?

Trailshaman

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I was wondering how many of yall out there are geocachers or are interested in starting?

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Yep! Only have three finds at the moment...lousy timing getting to a cache without
being observed around here, but I usually have a GPS around someplace with local
caches loaded.

Cheers-

Chris

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
After some simple google searches it looks like I have some local cache's in my area. I may have to check this out, it looks interesting.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have done a couple of caches. My son joined the geocaching club at school so we can go do more. I may take him out tomorrow.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Have only done a few. I need a GPS & its hard going by google maps. lol. I have also found a couple Benchmarks.

View attachment 16986

Also, I think this should be in the Hobbies section.

Attachments

• deo.jpg
    deo.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 16

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
I both found a bunch of caches and benchmarks, and placed a couple caches.

It has been a while since I've been out hunting any new caches. Maybe one day soon I'll get out again.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
My wife loves it. Usually I am taking pictures in a park and she is out hunting them. There are a few good Apps for the iPhone for this. They work really well.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Geocacher here too. Just haven't had a lot of time to do it this past year.

Trailshaman

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Guess im lucky i live in fayetteville and there is no shortages of caches beacause of fort bragg.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There are definitely no shortages here. Right outside of Nellis AFB is a ton of them.

We need to get this moved to the hobbies board.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Poof! The "move thread" genie appears and ...... enjoy your new home. :wink:

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
I've been into it for about two years now. I go on Multi-cache finds with my buddies...some take all day and have 5+ stages in a 45 mile radius. Most of the time though I take out the kids. They love finding the stuff and dropping in our "token" cache. If you ever happen to see an orange poker chip, that's our "token" cache submission.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
I love Geocaching! I've got about 20-30 under my belt. I haven't done it in a while, but I am looking at getting back into it!

Trailshaman

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I enjoy doing alot of the underground or harder to get to caches. The PNGs get old after a while

wink

Nov 30, 2011
I've been caching for a few years now. My brothers got me into it and got me hooked. I like doing the more out of the way caches, however, my GF likes the P&G ones more. I'm currently at 229 finds in 6 states and 18 trackables. Definitely wish I had more time to do it.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Its funny how many of these you find skiing backcountry without having any idea beforehand they are there, or even looking for them.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Off and on since like a year after geocaching started.... I still have my old yellow etrex somewhere... I remember getting excited the first closest one was not a gazillion miles away... Ok, 150 miles, but still...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Had no idea what this was... Google to the rescue...

Sounds interesting.. And have already thought of some good spots to "place" items...

Will have to talk to the wife about it after we move.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Ive done it for a few months then kinda let it sit for a while. Found all of them in a 20 miles radius. There are a few good apps for your phone that makes it too easy.

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
I have been GC-ing for a while. Found all the local ones but have found several out of town (Bonita Springs, FL / Gatlinburg, TN) I have yet to GC in the TB though :cool:

nieman88

Mar 10, 2014
I go only when its warm out. lol
Last time went caching was October in Maine. For those of you that like to go camping (tent/cabin/camper) there's an entire loop just down the road from Family and Friends Campground Sebago Lake ME Maine Camping and a few up in the hills with fantastic views.
Not to mention, Sebago Lake is right across the road.

Hope to find a bunch this summer along the Appalachian trail behind our house.
Im nieman88 on there as well. lol

Happy Cache Hunting

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
nieman88 said:
......and a few up in the hills with fantastic views.

It's been a while since I went out.

The caches with the "fantastic views" make for a good adventure. Park n' Grabs & the difficult ones are usually a bummer.

:thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
This sounds interesting. I have never heard of Geocachers until I seen this thread pop up. Kinda sounds like hide and seek, but with a GPS.

How does this work? Does someone give you a list of 10 digit grids/Lat and Long and you are suppose to figure out what is in that location?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
This sounds interesting. I have never heard of Geocachers until I seen this thread pop up. Kinda sounds like hide and seek, but with a GPS.

How does this work? Does someone give you a list of 10 digit grids/Lat and Long and you are suppose to figure out what is in that location?
THis should give you plenty of information, Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

Go treasure hunting.

nieman88

Mar 10, 2014
dmanns67 said:

I had no clue what it was either until last year. A buddy mentioned it to me.
It can be addictive!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Anyone using APP(s) on there phone for cashing? I downloaded c:geo for android but it doesn't seem to work alot of the times.

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Porkins said:
Anyone using APP(s) on there phone for cashing? I downloaded c:geo for android but it doesn't seem to work alot of the times.

The official Geocaching.com app on iOS is about the best one available. Not sure about Droid, but I'm guessing it is also pretty good.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
CaptainKD;228512 said:
The official Geocaching.com app on iOS is about the best one available. Not sure about Droid, but I'm guessing it is also pretty good.

The official app on android sucks compared to c:geo.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.