Any Deals on 18s?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
With my yokohama tires falling apart, I'm going to have to get new tires again very soon. But this gives me the chance to get 18's again if I can find a good deal on a good set. Any tips for some secret sources? I like the Trailblazer 18s. I saw SAAB also has an 18 that looked interesting. Anyone ever put those on a TB (and take pics)? Were there any other 18's made for any TB-like trucks?

Also Anyone have thoughts on the goodyear wrangler trailrunner at? That's what I'm leaning towards.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I have the 18" rims you had posted on another thread. 543279794.jpg
I plan on having them powder coated in wet black and installing them on my Voy this Thursday. I'll be selling them off once I have my original Voy 18" rims refinished/polished and powder coated clear.

I'm not sure how you would feel about the powder coated wet black look but I'll post pic's of them on my Voy so you can see the end result.

Reactions: Redbeard

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
What's there to be confused about???? My truck has stock 18" envoy wheels and they need to be refinished. I purchased as set of 18" trailblazer rims so I can easily swap my tires on to. Once my Voy wheels are refinished I won't need the trailblazer wheels and I won't have to buy tires....

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
What's there to be confused about???? My truck has stock 18" envoy wheels and they need to be refinished. I purchased as set of 18" trailblazer rims so I can easily swap my tires on to. Once my Voy wheels are refinished I won't need the trailblazer wheels and I won't have to buy tires....
Well you didn't explain all that in your original post :biggrin:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I kinda sorta did right after the pic of the wheel you must of been :salivate: over the wheels and not seen what I wrote. Lol:biggrin:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The 6 spoke Saab wheels are a nice style IMHO.

Lowered9-7X009.jpg

There's also the other style from the 9-7x that doesn't strike my fancy but may peek your interest.

grey-saab-9-7x-4-2i-cars-in-tipton-in.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
The 6 spoke Saab wheels are a nice style IMHO.

Lowered9-7X009.jpg

There's also the other style from the 9-7x that doesn't strike my fancy but may peek your interest.

grey-saab-9-7x-4-2i-cars-in-tipton-in.jpg
Top pic aren't those 20"tbss wheel with Saab caps???
Me no like da other wheels on the 2nd pic.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
543279768.jpg
Here what the 18" trailblazer wheel looked like just after an acid wash ( Damn near perfect if you ask me). I could of just had them sent out to be polished but it's very pricey to have it done professionally. Besides I'll get a little more cash for them being powder coated as opposed to just refinished stock wheels. Powder coated wheels are high in demand and in wet gloss black I'll get my moneys worth to have my Voy wheels polished and toss my brother a few bucks for the work he's doing. Win win win....

Reactions: rizzo20

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Top pic aren't those 20"tbss wheel with Saab caps???
Me no like da other wheels on the 2nd pic.

Nope. Those are 18" as I have them. Those come.on the 5.3 9-7x. The ugly ones come on the 4.2. The Aero with the 6.0 are basically the same style as 5.3 but 20".

Reactions: xavierny25

rizzo20

I'm looking to sell a set of 18" Envoy Denali wheels eventually. They might look a little strange with GMC Center caps on a TB though. Here's a pic of them last fall on my SLE.

20170528_190047.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Pretty much the only cool looking factory 18's are the SAAB 97 & 97x ones and the Envoy ones that @rizzo20 has. Now if you want some cheap good looking aftermarket 18's, the one's I have are really cheap now-a-days vs. when I bought them. Usually a set is less than $600. I can also link you a cheap set of Korean UHP tires, that are outstanding too.
Verde Protocol:

verde_protocol_mba_pdpfull.jpg

verde_protocol_c_pdpfull.jpg

Last edited:

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I like the 18" trailblazer wheels and the saab 18" 6-spoke wheels.

Not really into most of the rest.

Is there a model number or part number for those wheels, to make it easier to search for? Anyone know of a secret source for a set of either? A couple years ago when I was looking for TB wheels, there was a guy on ebay selling sets of the 18" wheels for $400. He said they were original OEM. They were probably generic knock offs but that's probably just as good.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Which wheels? I have become pretty savvy at looking for part numbers on this platform.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
@l008com If you're talking about the wheels on @rizzo20 's truck, here the P/N: 09595872, superseded by 88967357. Found this out surprisingly fast.
09595872.jpg

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Actually NOT those ones. The TB ones from post #2 and the first image from post #7. I think i like the saab ones a little bit more because they're not polished to look like chrome. Although the mismatched centercaps would annoy me.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Actually NOT those ones. The TB ones from post #2 and the first image from post #7. I think i like the saab ones a little bit more because they're not polished to look like chrome. Although the mismatched centercaps would annoy me.
The 2nd post is the 2007-2009 Trailblazer 18" OEM, P/N's: 09596189 & 19149508.
The 7th post, 1st pic is P/N: 09595885. It's just a 20x8 TBSS wheel with a brushed aluminum finish, but SAAB has their own P/N separate from GM.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oh the saab 6 spoke pictured is a 20? not an 18?
Yup, those are 20's. The SAAB 97 and 97x had three 18x8 wheel styles and the one 20x8.
Also isn't there a shorter "model number" for these wheels, separate from the part numbers?
There's only the full part numbers. I looked across several sources.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
There are a finite number of wheels for the vehicles in this platform, someone should just make one big info-graphic with all of them.

. . . @Capote
With pleasure, i'll go ahead and start working on that after work today. The mods can make it a sticky post. @Sparky @Mooseman

Reactions: Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was only kidding. But if you're willing, definitely go for it! Factory options are so hard to find details on once the vehicles go out of production.
I have no prob doing that, i'm OCD with a lot of things. So making a list with pictures and even center cap p/n's would be a fun project for me lol.
Also the TB 18" wheel (09596189) is model number 5311 I just found out :smile:
Found that 4-digit one on Ebay?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Yup, but I remembered it after I saw it from my wheel search 2 years ago. And the full size wheels the I liked were 7xxx something. I think theres a 4 digit number for all chevy wheels, separate from the part numbers. More data for your data sheet!

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yup, but I remembered it after I saw it from my wheel search 2 years ago. And the full size wheels the I liked were 7xxx something. I think theres a 4 digit number for all chevy wheels, separate from the part numbers. More data for your data sheet!
I'll look further into that as well, maybe I can find them all.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, those 6 spoke Saabs I posted were the 20". These are the 18"

2007-saab-9-7x-suv-53i-suv-wheel-cap.png

And on the truck:

2006_Saab_9-7X_blue_rear.jpg

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
So theres nothing reputable and affordable on ebay, and craigslist is empty, and the classifieds on this forum are completely dead. Is there any good places to get descent used wheels? I am officially in the market if I can find a good deal on a good set in the next week or three. After that, I'll probably just stick with my 17"s :sadcry:

Also it looks like there are three different 18" saab wheels? Then one GMC and one Chevy? Is that right? There's the 6 spokes above, 12 spokes way above, a totally different 12 spoke. And actually maybe more. So many wheels.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Have you tried car-part.com? Speaking of which, it gives these options for the Saab.

9-7x wheels.jpg

I've never seen the 9 spoke on a Saab but I think it's from the Envoy or Denali. I have no idea what the 6 double spoke (not pictured) is.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The 9 spoke is from the Envoy Denali.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

Actually, that 4-digit number was for *all* GM wheels. It's a vendor-assigned number, so ubiquitous that even GM uses it as an additional reference.
First member (IN THIS THREAD as of 5/23/18) that can identify what I'm talking about will get a prize, TBD.

Really - I'll award something of (dubious?) value - automotive (maybe even GMT360) related.
And you'll need to make some effort - e.g.; just the 'name' won't be enough - you'll need to include a little something about what it's 'about'.

Prize to be awarded after I return from my trip.

:hahano: For a complete list of contest rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Reprise
1 Continental Divide
Somewhere between Kalispell, MT and Waterton, AB
See you all in a couple of weeks (depending on itinerary, 4G availability, and if I made it all the way up w/ about 5000lb in tow...) :missing:
Have a happy & safe Memorial / Victoria Day holiday (yes, I know it was 3 days ago, Canuckleheads!)

Reactions: rizzo20

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Actually, that 4-digit number was for *all* GM wheels. It's a vendor-assigned number, so ubiquitous that even GM uses it as an additional reference.
First member (IN THIS THREAD as of 5/23/18) that can identify what I'm talking about will get a prize, TBD.

Really - I'll award something of (dubious?) value - automotive (maybe even GMT360) related.
And you'll need to make some effort - e.g.; just the 'name' won't be enough - you'll need to include a little something about what it's 'about'.

Prize to be awarded after I return from my trip.

:hahano: For a complete list of contest rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Reprise
1 Continental Divide
Somewhere between Kalispell, MT and Waterton, AB
See you all in a couple of weeks (depending on itinerary, 4G availability, and if I made it all the way up w/ about 5000lb in tow...) :missing:
Have a happy & safe Memorial / Victoria Day holiday (yes, I know it was 3 days ago, Canuckleheads!)
Does it have to do with Plant, year, month, day? I know there's different charts and etc. to identify GM steel wheels. I've seen these codes before, but they have more than 4-digits.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Does it have to do with Plant, year, month, day? I know there's different charts and etc. to identify GM steel wheels. I've seen these codes before, but they have more than 4-digits.

Nope. And that's the last question I'll answer about it...lol. It's really not too difficult (nothing is anymore, thanks to Google). Give it a shot! :compu-punch:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Nope. And that's the last question I'll answer about it...lol. It's really not too difficult (nothing is anymore, thanks to Google). Give it a shot! :compu-punch:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
IMG_2442.jpg
@l008com If your still looking I have these powder coated in wet black and will be for sale soon. I won't let them go for less then 500 but if you have something of value to me we can work something out. That's if your interested of course.
EDIT: these are 18" and I will have pic's of them mounted on my truck.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Thanks, if they were stock I would take them but I'm not into the black wheel look, not in this case anyway. But also it's too late, I already ordered new 17" tires. Theres so little out there for 18" wheels, I just gave up. Again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher