Another Ugly Car

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Just because two cars wasn't enough, now I have three.

07 P71, 122K Miles, 7800 Idle Hours (Forgot to check this before purchase, oops), runs great. Compared to the 99 Crown Vic I owned a while ago, this one has MUCH better steering and handling thanks to the 03+ chassis overhaul and the switch from a gearbox to rack and pinion that year as well. Interior is screwed up so my old civilian Vic was better in that regard, but hey, at least the police-package dual exhaust sounds really good compared to the super silent civilian single exhaust.

I know it's not a GM but anybody else here like these cars?

Attachments

• 20180420_192958.jpg
    20180420_192958.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My brother has an 01 civilian model. Yeah, the gearbox sucks, it keeps loosening up on him even though it doesn't get driven hard. His had the cracked plastic intake manifold issues too. Later ones shouldn't have that issue though. Did your 99?

Those cars run forever.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I own its nemesis, an '11 Caprice. :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Caprice is mucho betterer and fasterer

Reactions: Mooseman and Capote

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Caprice is mucho betterer and fasterer

Better in pretty much any way, except far more expensive!

My brother has an 01 civilian model. Yeah, the gearbox sucks, it keeps loosening up on him even though it doesn't get driven hard. His had the cracked plastic intake manifold issues too. Later ones shouldn't have that issue though. Did your 99?

Those cars run forever.

I only owned the 99 Crown Vic for a few months, I got too frustrated with having changed the gearbox and the rebuilt garbage from the parts store being worse than the original one after all the effort of doing the replacement without a lift... so I never had the intake issue though I'd heard about it and it was still on the original one. Now, the new ones are apparently not perfect either...

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.