another tire question

DSlater06

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Posted this in "Wheels & Tires" but thought maybe i'd have better luck here.

Hey yall, so i've searched and researcherd.. and i've seen what tires can fit on the trailblazers as far as needing lifts or no lifts...

But what I want to know, is what is the biggest (widest) tire that can fit on the factory wheels? Lift-check. spacers-check. skid-check. bumper-check. But that left me no funds left for aftermarket wheels. So i'll be picking up a stock 5th wheel. Havent put tires on them yet wanting to make sure I dont try to go too wide.

are the 285's ok to run on stock wheels?

And in case you haven't noticed, yes im a noob.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
You'll get mixed answers on this. I say yes, but 285/70/17's generally say 7.5" rim Min. OEM 17's are 7". Do you think that 1/2" is going to make that big of a difference?

WARNING: You may need a body lift or do a little cutting.

Also is you're going to wheel your rig check out our off-road sister site http://www.offroadtb.com/

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Short Bus said:
You'll get mixed answers on this.
Shortbus nailed it, it is out of spec but there are a few guys running them and none reported any issues.
One argument is what if you get in and accident could someone find you at fault and nail you to the wall for running a tire that is out of spec?

DSlater06

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Thanks guys, yeah ive been lurking over at ORTB for a little while now.

Is 275 a common offload size. I'd like to keep them nice and wide for offload but if I had to do 265 I really wouldnt mind

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online