Another new guy...

glfredrick

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Howdy folks. I'm assuming that some of the old timers around here wil recognize my username from the other place and from offroadTB.

Now that the GMT platform is evolving, I decided to shift my attentions to this site.

Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Howdy! I assume you realize totally that there is nothing happening on trailvoy anymore. :wink: Except ads, incompetent advice, and spam. :lipsrsealed:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome, it is about time you showed up.

glfredrick

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
I'm a little slow these days... And, they are SO needy over there. All sorts of really important questions like, "I can't get my 4wd to go into low range..." :undecided:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
the roadie said:
Howdy! I assume you realize totally that there is nothing happening on trailvoy anymore. :wink: Except ads, incompetent advice, and spam. :lipsrsealed:

Not all advice is incompetent. Some advise coming over here to ask :biggrin:

I've taken to doing it here and there. I tell people there's a whole "nation of GMT" lovers, and to Google the words in quotes, click on top hit (which is here). Wonder how long it'll take them to catch on...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
IllogicTC said:
Wonder how long it'll take them to catch on...
Might be months. The admin only checks in every week or so, and he has 60-70 forums to manage. If there's not an active jailbreak in progress, trailvoy seems like a nice, quiet place for them to sell ads for. No community spirit left, but they absolutely don't care. All Vertical Scope wants is eyeball numbers, and even spammers add to the membership AND POST count.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation :thumbsup:

This is the best GMT community to be a part of...

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
the roadie said:
Might be months. The admin only checks in every week or so, and he has 60-70 forums to manage. If there's not an active jailbreak in progress, trailvoy seems like a nice, quiet place for them to sell ads for. No community spirit left, but they absolutely don't care. All Vertical Scope wants is eyeball numbers, and even spammers add to the membership AND POST count.

And those with mystery logins that former members notice their old account doing...

Page hits == ad revenue. Not as much as the ad being clicked, but it's still worth something. Get enough bots rolling on a single machine and it pays its electricity cost quick. Google I believe has some mechanisms in place to reduce falsified payouts, but I imagine done right by spoofing unique IPs for each bot, etc. it can still net some cash.

And of course, the look of a large community and plenty of posts (which is a VERY rough estimate on how much information is there, posts can be anything and posts can be wrong) will get more people for legit page hits, and possibly push it up on the Google results list.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online