another "migrant" from TV

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hi guys & gals,

just migrated over from 'the other site'.

Little bit 'bout me....
'
I have a 2006 TrailBlazer that I bought earlier in March (2012). Prior to that, I was a Blazer owner...drove an '86 Blazer from 1989 until 1997, then bought a '97 Blazer which I owned up until recently when I bought the TB. I really loved my '97, but it was time to let her go. I like the TB so far, though it seems like I had more interior room in the Blazer (?)

I have been cursing Chevrolet for discontinuing the Blazer/Trailblazer line...I think the Equinox/Traverse's look like....well another name for 'cat' (no offense to any owners reading this of course....). Unless they get their act together on the 'light' SUV's., I'll either have to sell a kidney to afford a Tahoe...or start looking at Durango's for my next ride....or I could just drive the TB forever...

My TB has been dubbed 'U-571' (if not familiar, google it...) as it came with a flood title and a moderately amusing story about a girl and a boat ramp. My father-in-law and friends rebuilt it in mid-2010, and he drove it up until selling it to me. 71,000 miles at the moment on the truck though quite a few of the components are almost new.

Only issues I have at the moment seem to be common complaints with TB's in general...the door speakers suck balls, so I've started to replace them, and it takes forever to put gas in it because it shuts the pump off. Still working through that issue.
I've already posted quite a few questions, and even answered one or two on that other site...looking forward to participating here!
-Mike

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Welcome! I had the baby Blazers (88 and 92 S10), so the TB was the only comparable
vehicle I liked.

Be glad your friends don't call it the U-352 (sunk off NC after trying to torpedo a CG cutter). :smile:
Maybe you can share the story at some point!

Hope you enjoy the "Nation"!

Cheers-

Chris

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to the Nation. You'll get the full story but you can pretty much fill in the details with your own observations. I joined the OS and it went straight down hill a month later. Coincidence? :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Welcome Aboard!!!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Welcome over :tiphat:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011